Finland - Apply for European Health Insurance Card (KELA)
This procedure provides you information related applying for a European Health Insurance Card (KELA Card) in Finland.
- Unemployed job seekers between ages 17 and 64.
- Live in Finland
- Are seeking for a full-time job.
- Are fit to work and who.
- Applicant should be registered with as unemployed job seeker with the employment office.
Note : Persons between 65 and 67 can normally be paid Basic Unemployment Allowance only when temporarily dismissed from their job.
Ads by Google
Basic Unemployment Allowance is EUR 32.68 per day and it is paid for 5 days per week. It is increased for children under 18 who live in the same household as the recipient. The increase is
- EUR 5.27 per day for one child
- EUR 7.74 per day for two children
- EUR 9.98 per day for three children or more
More information can be found under the following link : More information about tax and amount
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To apply for unemployed job seeker the applicant has to be registered with the employment office.
- Following application form can be used for this purpose : Application Forms
- Attach the required documents that are listed under the Required Documents section.
- Take the application to Kela office. You can also send it by post.
- Claims can be backdated by up to 3 months
To use e-service, please use the following link : e-service
Ads by Google
- Work certificates
- Pay slips for the period
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Application forms that can be used : Application Forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.