Finland - Apply for Driver Instruction License
A driving license can be granted by the police for a set period, and by law, a new license cannot be granted without a valid reason.
- The driver instructor must take part in training that supports instruction under a driving instruction license at a driving school.
- The applicant must be permanently resident in Finland.
- Requirements for Category B Driving Instruction License:
- the instructor is aged 25 or over
- the instructor has held a category B driving license for at least three years
- the instructor has passed a theory test required to obtain a driving instruction license for category B, or he/she has a driving instructor qualification
- the personal characteristics of the instructor make him or her suitable for the role of driver instructor
- the vehicle used for instruction has been fitted with the requisite controls for the instructor, which have been approved in a vehicle modification inspection (if several vehicles are used for providing instruction, the modifications to all of these must be approved)
Ads by Google
- The fee is payable as the application for a license is submitted.
- The training provided by a driving school must be completed before instruction under a driving instruction license begins.
- A driving instruction license can be granted before the joint training for the instructor and the learner has been completed.
- The instructor and the learner must carry a certificate stating that they have completed this training when instruction is being provided.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a police service point to apply for a driving instruction license.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the required documents stated below.
- Pay the application fee.
Ads by Google
- completed driving instruction license application (forms are available at your police station or from the examiner)
- driving license
Driving instruction license - 38 €
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Driving Instruction License: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/C910548BEC7655C8C2256C37002E5173?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/1C6E6CB545F4B16BC2257B0C0031E6F3?opendocument
More information which might help people.