Finland - Apply for Alien Passport and Refugee Travel Document
Foreigners living in Finland can be issued Alien's passports or refugee travel documents. These are issued by the Finnish immigration Service on application. Alien's passports and refugee travel documents can be issued by the police on application if the applicant has already a valid Alien's passport or a refugee travel document. The Alien's passport and refugee travel document have a technical part (microchip).
It is eligible for foreigners living in Finland.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a service point of local police at any locality.
- Submit the required documents.
- Complete an application form.
- Have your fingerprints taken.
- Pay the fee.
Ads by Google
- residence permit
- passport or identity card (proof of identity)
Finland has introduced new guidelines for passport photos. The aim of these requirements is to standardize passport photos and improve the verification of passport holders’ identities. To check for the guidelines, click on this link: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/files/Passikuvaohje_07-02-2007_EN/$file/Passikuvaohje_07-02-2007_EN.pdf.
Issuing a travel document - 52 €
Rejection decision - 49 €
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The alien’s passport and the refugee travel document also contain a microchip. The chip stores the information contained in the travel document: a facial photo, personal information, information on the passport, and fingerprints of persons over 12 years of age. The chip also contains data which make it difficult to forge the passport or the travel document and to misuse the information contained in the chip.
- The holder of an alien’s passport or a refugee travel document may return to Finland from abroad if the travel document concerned and the holder’s residence permit are still valid.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Alien's Passports and refugee travel documents: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/8796F04E4AC6408CC225780D003EDCCF?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/serviceprice
Obtaining a Travel Document: http://www.migri.fi/asylum_in_finland/applying_for_asylum/obtaining_a_travel_document
More information which might help people.