Finland - Apply Driver License for Mopeds and Light Quadricycles
Driving licenses for mopeds and light quadricycles are separate documents. A driving license for a moped (category AM driving license with special condition 120) does not entitle the holder to drive a light quadricycle. A driving license for a light quadricycle (category AM driving license with special condition 121) does not entitle the holder to drive a moped. Only drivers having taken a driving test for both mopeds and light quadricycles are entitled to drive both vehicles.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
- Moped drivers born before 1985 do not need a driving license for moped. However, in order to drive a light quadricyle, you need to have at least a driving license for mopeds obtained before 19 January 2013, or a new driving license for a light quadricycle (category AM licence with special condition 121).
- The application for a driver license for mopeds and light quadricycles can be submitted at any police service point that handles driving license permit issues, regardless of the applicant's municipality of residence.
- The fee is payable upon application.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a police service point that handles driving license issues.
- Complete the application form.
- Prove your identity and submit the required documents as stated below.
- Pay the application fee.
A driver license is delivered to the holder by posting it to their home address entered in the Population Information System. If the holder doesn't have a Finnish home address or cannot be posted for some other reason, the driving license permit will be delivered to the police department that granted it.
For more information on driving licenses and driving tests for mopeds and light quadricycles, contact your local police or the Finnish Transport Safety Agency Trafi.
Finnish Transport Safety Agency Trafi: http://www.trafi.fi/en/road
Ads by Google
- 2 photographs (if the applicant has handed in photographs for a driving license since 1 January 2010, new photographs will not be necessary as a rule)
- a young person’s health certificate (no older than five years) or a medical certificate for a driving license (no older than six months)
- when applying for a permit for driving a moped, a light quadricycle, a motorcycle or a tractor, the written consent of the applicant's guardian, if the applicant is less than 18 years old.
- a previous driving license
- a passport or personal identity card as proof of identity, if the applicant cannot produce an earlier driving license
- An applicant aged under 18 years can be identified by a guardian who produces his or her proof of identity
- a driving instruction certificate, if no driving test is required
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Driving licenses for mopeds and light quadricycles: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/4CEF76B9EC8292E9C2256C37002F297B?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/1C6E6CB545F4B16BC2257B0C0031E6F3?opendocument
More information which might help people.