Finland - Apply Driver License for Car
A driving license for a car is accomplished by driving instruction taken in three steps. It consists of basic training, a training period and further training.
A Finnish citizen who is at least 16 years of age.
Ads by Google
- Driving licenses are mainly sent to the applicants by post.
- If you passed your driving test before 19 January 2013, you do not need to complete a training period and take further instruction. For more information on the training period and further instruction, please contact driving schools.
- The next driving license for a car after a short-term one (the so-called permanent driving license) can at the earliest be handed out to the applicant one year before the applicant's short-term driving license for a car expires.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a police department to apply for a driver's license for car.
- Complete the application form.
- Prove your identity and submit the required documents.
- Undergo the basic training. If you passed, the first driving license for car is issued for two years (a short-term driving license).
- Complete a training period and further instruction. The training period starts immediately after the driver has passed the driving test and lasts for at least three months. After completing the training period, the driver must take part in further instruction, which can at the earliest start three months after passing the driving test.
- Submit a certificate of having completed the training period and further instruction to the police.
- Your permanent driver license for car is issued.
Ads by Google
- 2 photographs (if the applicant has handed in photographs for a driving license since 1 January 2010, new photographs will not be necessary as a rule)
- a young person’s health certificate (no older than five years) or a medical certificate for a driving license (no older than six months)
- when applying for a permit for driving a moped, a light quadricycle, a motorcycle or a tractor, the written consent of the applicant's guardian, if the applicant is less than 18 years old.
- a previous driving license
- a passport or personal identity card as proof of identity, if the applicant cannot produce an earlier driving license
- An applicant aged under 18 years can be identified by a guardian who produces his or her proof of identity
- a driving instruction certificate, if no driving test is required
Issuing a driving license permit: short-term driving license followed by the permanent driving license - 60 €
A driving license for car is valid for 15 years.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Driving license for a car: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/2D7E313A7D2718E5C2256C37002CA618?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/1C6E6CB545F4B16BC2257B0C0031E6F3?opendocument
More information which might help people.