Ethiopia - Obtain a Certified True Copy Certificate
A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document, that has on it an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. It does not certify that the primary document is genuine, only that it is a true copy of the primary document.
A certified copy is often used in English-speaking common law countries as a convenient way of providing a copy of documents. It is usually inexpensive to obtain. A certified copy may be required for official government or court purposes and for commercial purposes. It avoids the owner of important documents (especially identity documents) giving up possession of those documents which might mean a risk of their loss or damage.
Certify a document as a true copy of the original by getting it signed and dated by a professional person, like a solicitor.
When you apply for something like a bank account or mortgage, you may be asked to provide documents that are certified as true copies of the original.
- Copies of documents that can be certified include
- photocard driving licences
- letters from a government department
- bank/building society or credit card statements
- gas, electricity or council tax bills
- letters from a hospital/doctor
- Must be a Ethiopian Citizen, residing in Ethiopia;
- Must be available to contact for verification;
Ads by Google
- Must have known the person whose identity document they are certifying for at least two (2) years;
- Must be belong to any one of the following professions: Chief or Councillor of First Nations Band Council, council members of the the house, General Council, and members of Provincial Council, dentist, Executive Officer., Executive Officer of Regional Corporation and of the six (6) Community Corporations, judge, lawyer (member of a provincial bar association), notary , magistrate, mayor, medical doctor, minister of religion authorized under provincial law to perform marriages, notary public, optometrist, pharmacist, police officer (municipal, provincial, or RCMP), postmaster, principal of a primary or secondary school, professional accountant (APA, CA, CGA, CGA, PA, RPA), professional engineer, senior administrator in a community college ), senior administrator or teacher in a university, social worker with MSW (Masters in Social Work), veterinaian etc.
- the date of the translation
- the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company
- A number of applications and administrative procedures require a certified copy of an identity document. The certification has to be provided by a person other than the applicant.
- Take the photocopied document and the original and ask the commission to certify the copy by
- Completion of application form
- Payment of filing fees
- Photocopies of documents
- Up to date Annual Returns
- writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document
- signing and dating it
- printing their name under the signature
- adding their occupation, address and telephone number
- Affidavit supporting the application deposed by a company director
- Application to the Commission to be signed by the chairman or two directors
- The certified true copy of a document must contain the seal and the original signature of the document issuer or the authority recognized for certifying documents.
- Note: If the copy certified true by the issuer does not contain the seal or the original signature, or if it contains an electronic signature, it must be sent to in an envelope sealed by the issuer.
- A copy certified as true by the document issuer is always the preferred format. Note that processing time is required to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided. The processing time could be shorter if you submit copies certified as true by the issuer.
- If you are outside the territory of Ethiopia, you can have your documents certified as true copies by an Ethiopian embassy or consulate.
- If you want to have a document issued by a country or territory other than Ethiopian certified as a true copy, you must refer to the corresponding country or territory.
Ads by Google
- application form CTC of certificate of registration
- affidavit duly sworn to by a director of the company explaining circumstance of the application
- updated annual returns filing
- up dated section 553, CAMA filing where applicable
- Proof of payment of fees
The fees depends on the document but sometimes it is issued for free.
Valid for a Longer time.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Civil Registrar
- Ministry of Justice
P.O Box 1370
Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.