Ethiopia - Obtain a Certificate of Aircraft Registration
The Ethiopian Civil Aviation Authority shall furnish to the person or persons in whose name or names the aircraft is registered (in these rules referred to as the “registered owner”) a certificate of registration, which shall include the particulars specified in sub article (f) of article 184.108.40.206 and the date on which the certificate was issued.
Subject to article 220.127.116.11, if at any time after an aircraft has been registered in Ethiopia an unqualified person becomes entitled as owner to a legal or beneficial interest in the aircraft or share therein, or the ownership of that aircraft is transferred to a person not qualified under the provisions of article 18.104.22.168,the registration of the aircraft shall thereupon become void and the certificate of registration shall forthwith be returned by the registered owner to the Authority for cancellation.
An applicant for aircraft certificate registration shall meet in full the eligibility requirements stated in Regulation of the Ethiopian Civil Aviation Authority Regulations:
Ads by Google
- Before operating a aircraft the owners while using the dealer's registration certificate,the holder of the certificate must send it to the Ethiopian CIvil Aviation Authority registry for evidence satisfactory to the administration that he is the true owner of the Aircraft.
A dealers registration Certificate expires one year after the date on which it was issued.
The Ethiopian Civil Aviation Certificate requires a registration of each civil aircraft as a prerequisite to its operation.
Certificate registration must be completed within 60 days of Entry to avoid penalty fees.
- The application for Aircraft registration certificate shall contain the following information-
- A description of the aircraft that identifies it by reference to its manufacturer,its type and model as designated by its manufacturer, and the serial number given to it by its manufacturer; - Aircraft Registration and Marking
- Aircraft Number
- Serial number
- Year of manufacture
- Aircraft type
- Date aircraft entered Ethiopia
- Date aircraft was purchased
- Where the aircraft is usually based
- - Submit a written application form.
- Complete the Application for Aircraft Registration certificate Form.
- Submit the completed form along with other required documents.
- Upon receipt of the application form, the aircraft value will be assessed, taxes will be calculated and an aircraft registration certificate billing will be sent to you.
- Pay for the Aircraft certificate registration fee.
Make sure that you complete the registration form properly, to avoid it being returned to you. Instructions on how to fill out the form can be found at the back part of the form.
- Upon an applicant meeting all the above requirements for registration, a certificate of registration will be issued by the Authority.
The Authority shall furnish to the person or persons in whose name or names the aircraft is registered as the “registered owner”) a certificate of registration, which shall include the particulars specified above and the date on which the certificate was issued.
Ads by Google
- Aircraft Registration certificate Application Form
- A Certificate or notice of de-registration from the previous state of registry or a letter from the state of manufacture , if the aircraft is new and has never been registered in any other state, confirming non- registration.
- The de-registration certificate must be received by the| Authority directly from the state of registry and should never be presented by the applicant - should be State to State.
- Document(s) to prove the aircraft ownership, (e.g. Bill of Sale, e.t.c.);
- A copy of a government issued Identity Card (ID) or Passport if owned by an individual, or any other identification card approved by the Authority;
- A certified copy of the Certificate of incorporation if owned by a company;
- Names of the directors of the company owning or leasing the aircraft and their specimen signatures giving authority to register and/or *operate the aircraft in Nigeria and indicating who among them has the mandate to transact on their behalf on matters relating to the aircraft registration and/or operation;
- A certified copy of the lease agreement if the aircraft is on lease with stamp duties paid;
- A certified copy of the power of attorney from the owner/lessor and the lessee, (both of them);
- A certified copy of an aircraft current Insurance Certificate; and
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid for a period of 5 years
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The processing time is 90 working days
- Ethiopian Civil Aviation Authority
- Director General Office
Tel: 251-11 665 0252
Fax: 251 11 665 0269
- Aviation Regulation Directorate
Tel: 251 11 665 0256
- Air Navigation Services Directorate
Tel: 251 11 665 0265
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.