Ethiopia - Applying for Older Person Grant
The most common older persons’ grant in Ethiopia is the Ethiopian Social Security Agency which has the the rights and obligations of the which is re-established under Proclamation No. 49512006 .which involves benefits like full pension, 2.5% of average earnings during last 3 years for each of first 20 years of contribution, plus 2%for each year of contribution in excess of 20.
The Minimum pension, 96 dinars a month and maximum, 80% of average earnings.
- One must be sixty fie (65) years and above for men;
- Sixty (60) years and above for women;
- Sixty two (62) years for civil servants; and
- Sixty (60) years and above if in hazardous or unhealthy sectors;
- In addition one must have served for twenty (20) years; and
- Must be retired from covered employment.
Ads by Google
- Should be ready to give all the information required to approve your application for the benefits / grant:
- Payments are not payable abroad
- Supplementary benefit is for wife and children under eighteen (18) years.
- Date and place of birth;
- Social Security Number;
- Particulars of your spouse (name, Social Security Number and age);
- Particulars of children below eighteen (18) and not married;
- Bank details;
- Details of when you want your benefits to begin;
- The name and address of your employer(s);
- The amount of money that you are or you have been earning;
- A copy of your Social Security Statement or a record of your earnings.
- Reason for retirement;
- Step 1 - One of the first steps of applying to older persons grants is proving that you are a registered member.
- It is important to get this underway as soon as possible.
- To determine if you are eligible for older persons membership grant you should contact your proviso tribe in Ethiopia and you must be above 60 years.
- Other avenues for tracing your older persons heritage grant include searching home records, and checking local and state record keeping offices civil registry in Ethiopia.
- Talk to your older relatives and try to find birth and death certificates, marriage licenses, diaries, newspaper clippings, etc. Check school, church and county courthouse records for information - also look for deeds, wills, land or other property conveyances.
- You can also write to the Civic Statistics Agency in Ethiopia for information.
- Another options is employing a professional genealogist to do the research for you for a fee. You can write to the Board of Certification of Genealogists or the Association of Professional Genealogists and request their listings of genealogical researchers for hire.
- This allows you to not only quickly find older persons grant programs, but you can see how much money is available and get the details on how to apply and qualify to receive some of these personal older grants for free.
- Step Two - When you apply for government older persons grants to any social security officer in your Municipality or province.
- It is important to attach all the identification documents as long as you are at least 60 years old and Ethiopian citizen, you can submit your application for grant programs.
Grants are funding provided by the Ethiopian government to its citizens they don't require payment for it.
If want to learn how to apply for older persons government grants, here are some basic steps to keep in
1.Know the application process. Even if you are applying for any government simple grant, the process of grant application may start from your local kebele or province government like Municipality, so make sure you know what to do and where to start.
2.Check out the eligibility requirements. Find out if you are eligible to apply for the older persons grant and make a complete list of what you need in order to avail for government grants.
3.Know the deadline of grant application and grant proposal submission. Grants may not be available the whole year round, so make sure you are still within the period where grant applications are accepted.
4.Learn about the different types of grants available for older persons. Grants are often divided into categories such as living grants or medical grants, or family support grants given for the supporting the old person well being and many others. If you already have your existing grant and you are just aiming to get for additional funding, then you might want to check out which type of grant your is available that falls within your request.
5. Always submit a complete application and make sure it is on time. If you lack requirements, all your efforts maybe put to waste and your application denied.
- The Board usually meet once in every three months; provided, however, that it may meet at any time as may be required.
- After you have submitted everything to the concerned agencies, you can now then wait for the notification of approval of your older persons grant.
Ads by Google
- original and copy birth certificate or other proof of birth
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of employment
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid for ever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 60 working days
- Ministry of Labour & Social Affairs
PO Box 2056, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: +251115517080 /+251-11-551-5249
Fax: Fax: +251-11-551-8396 / +251-11-551-5316 / +251-11-550-1220
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.