Ethiopia - Apply for a Diplomatic Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You are require to get the application form from the passport office nearest to you for example at the directorate of immigration office at the ministry of immigration and emigration Addis Ababa or at the passport office branches located in the different contecuncies office across the country, or even at the nearest Ethiopian embassy or even consulate.
- Fill in the application form with all the detail information
- Along with the application form, submit all the necessary documents.
- Upon review and approval of the submitted documents, the responsible office will issue a payment draft which you will take to the bank and pay the required amount in addition to the bank charge
- This will be followed by presenting the bank receipts and upon verification of the payment, you will be told when to go back for your passport picking depending on the numbers of the days given
- Your birth certificate
- A letter from local authorities
- Validity identity document like identity card, driving license
- Proof of physical address and postal address with contact numbers
- Proof of employment
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
PO Box 393, Addis
Diplomats and other government official like minister, foreign service officer, chief justice ,bank governor, chancellors and vice chancellors of state universities, recognized cultural and traditional leaders, the speaker and deputy speaker of parliament and others , for work related international travel together with others including their families like spouses are eligible for a diplomatic passport
A diplomatic passport is valid for a period not exceeding ten (10) years from the date of issuance.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Between seven (7) to ten (10) business days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- In case of married women documentary evidence of marriage is should be given
- In case of children or people under the age of 18 years of age , written consent from farther or legal guardian is needed
- Must be bonafide Ethiopian citizen
- Full name
- 3 recent, colored photographs of size 3x4 cm with white background and your name at the back of the photograph
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Valid identity proof
- Telephone number
- Maiden names for married women
- Husbands full name in case of married women
- Date of married
- Place of marriage
Need for the Document
A diplomatic passport is a passport which is issued to someone who must travel internationally on official state business. Diplomatic passport are classically given to diplomats and consuls when they are posted to overseas, and they may be issued to other people within the government as well, deepening on the circumstances.
Information which might help
Registration or application forms are available in two (2) languages, and therefore you are advised to fill the form in the language you understand best in order to avoid errors
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
It can be use as a proof of identity
More information which might help people.