Ethiopia - Apply for Social Security Agency
The National Social Security Fund is a statutory body. Its main role is to provide social security protection to Ethiopian workers both in the formal and informal sectors. The statutory body registers members, receives their contribution, manage funds and payout benefits to members or dependants.
- To be eligible your employer must register with the fund as a contributing employer and register all his/her employees as a member of the fund.
- A self- employed person who wishes to become a member of the fund, may register as a voluntary member
Ads by Google
Ensure that you have all the copies of the required documents before you start the process.
- National identity card number
- Full names
- Marital status
- Ethiopian revenue authority PIN
- Place of employment
- Address of your employer
- Your physical address
- Detail of next of Kin
Visit a NSSF main or branch office and approach a registration officer
- Fill in the registration form accurately
- Attach all the documents
- Return to the registration officer
- Your full set of finger prints will then be taken
- After a registration card will be issued to you
Applicable follow the link http://www.employethiopia.com/index.php?show_emp=876
Ads by Google
- National identity card or passport
- Copy of Ethiopian Revenue PIN
- Employer introductory letter
1 Birr for Voluntary member
For a long time up to the age limit of 60 years.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time is one (1) day
Ethiopian Social Security Agency
P.O. Box 1031, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Council of Ministers
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Alta Building, 2nd through 7th Floor,
Mexico Square , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Telephone No: 011-552-1381
Website : http://www.ethiopia.gov.et/officials-contact
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Registration or application forms are available in two (2) languages, and therefore you are advised to fill the form in the language you understand best in order to avoid errors
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
It can be use to claim for your funds