Ethiopia - Apply for Private Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit any issuing office which may be embassy high commission or consulate office and get specific requirements for getting the private visa;
- Get the application form and fill it in accurately;
- Pay all application fees;
- Attach all the required documents;
- Submit your application to authorized offices in your country;
- After you send your application, it will be reviewed at the visa office to make sure it has been completed correctly and that it contains all the required documents.
- A visa officer will decide if an interview with you is necessary. If an interview is required, you will be notified of the time and place
- If your application is refused, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. (You will also receive an explanation why your application was refused and if you sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned).
- If your application is approved, your passport and documents will be returned to you with your visa.
- Letter of Invitation. Original invitation issued in the applicant's name by the local Immigration Authorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ethiopia where the sponsor permanently resides.
- Valid passport
- A visa cover letter;
- Payment slips
- An invitation letter
- A recent colored passport size photo with white background.
- Original, signed Ethiopia passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
Office Locations & Contacts
1.Go to any embassy, consulate office or high commission of Ethiopia in your country of origin.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
PO Box 393, Addis
Tel: 00251115517345, 514300
- Embassy of the United States - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Street Address
Entoto Street P.O. Box 1014 Addis Ababa
- Opening Hours
- Open Monday through Thursday for routine services by appointment only Hours: 1 pm to 3:30 pm, Monday – Thursday. The Embassy is closed for certain Ethiopian and American public holidays.
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Embassy)
P.O. Box 1014
Tel: 251-1-174000, 251-1-550660
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA),
Kazanchis, Kirkos Kifle Ketema, Kebele 18
Tel: +251 115 537971
- You can visit the following link for various embassies. http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/ethiopia
Any person who wish to make a private visits by invitation of residents of the country.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid for 90 days
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Visa processing usually is done in 30 days, depending on the nature of agency
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Carry a genuine passport / travel document with validity beyond one year;
- On arrival, one are required to fill in arrival declaration cards and should comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information;
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission;
- A pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holders stay in the country for the period granted;
- One should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs;
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- One must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Ethiopia.
- If you need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph), and you are applying on paper, please do not mail in your application. Submit your application in person to the visa application center (VAC) nearest you.
- Original, signed passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- Ethiopian visa application form.
- Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary.
- Full name and contact details of the Applicant applying for a visa;
- Date of Birth
- Purpose of visit;
- Details and contact address of host where the applicant shall be staying in Ethiopia.
Need for the Document
A visa is a form of permission or a pass for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in Ethiopia. A private visa is issued for private visits by invitation of residents of a given country.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.