Ethiopia - Apply for Pest Control Dealer License
If you are a person, manufacturer, distributor, or retailer who, including, but not limited to, sells pesticides, methods or devices for the control of agricultural pests, solicits sales of pest control through recommendations made by your agriculture representatives, or sells restricted use pesticides to users, you must possess a pest control dealer license.
All agencies dealing in insecticides and pesticides activities in Ethiopia are eligible.
Ads by Google
- The applicant should be the owner of the a.i. having a representative or distributor duly specified in the country where the application is submitted
- Any applicant who is not residing in Ethiopia- can Appoint local agent.
- Incomplete application shall be rejected
- The label must indicate what type of pesticide the product is or what pests it will control.
- The ingredient statement must include both the active and inert ingredients in the product.
- indicate the products toxicity from a single dose.
- All pesticide labels must have a section to let you know how to properly store and dispose of the product
- Two copies of pesticide dossier included under List 1 and List 2 (formulated product dossier index and active ingredient dossier index) of the document with signed and sealed application form (SEARCH agreed application format).
- Every part of the document needs to be filled dully with the appropriate data.
- Full Business name
- Valid identity proof
- Present Address
- Telephone number
- Emergency contact person.
- List your employers for the last three years
- a. Company Name
- b. Address c.
- Telephone Number
A pest control dealer license is obtained by submitting an application.
- Step 1
Fill the Appropriate forms. When submitting the filled form state the name of the qualified person, their certificate/license number and category on the application form submitted. The dossier accompanying the form should provide details of the information requested in the form i.e.
- details on the methods used (physical & chemical),
- summaries of the methods and results used in toxicology and ecotoxicology studies,
- methods of analysis etc.
- Numbering used in the dossier must follow that used in the application form.
- Step II
Submit the appropriate documents to the registrar of pesticide the label draft should be in two languages English and local language that is commonly used in Ethiopia.
- Step III
Pay experimental registration fees which is between $1000 and $1500 along with three experimental samples of the candidate products 2 products for field trail and 1 product for Laboratory analysis quality verification.
Field trail for health products floriculture pesticides takes shorter time while field trail for agricultural pesticides takes 3 Rainy season.
- Step IV
The field report and laboratory test report should then be submitted to the registrar of pesticides.
- The following criteria must be met prior to issuance of a license
You must have at least one person in a supervisory position who is actively responsible for the operation of the dealership who holds a valid pest control dealer designated agent license, agricultural pest control adviser license, pest control aircraft pilot certificate, or a qualified applicator license (QAL) at each principle and branch location [Food and Agricultural Code (FAC).
- Step V
The registrar of pesticide upon receiving the report will then submit it pesticide technical committee for scrutiny and approval. The PART report will again be submitted to a higher committee known as national plant advisory committee for approval. Upon approval the candidate product is upgraded from experimental registration to restricted registration.
- Step VI
The last step will be the upgraded product to be gazetted in Government pesticide gazette by the order of the Minister of Agriculture. minister
Ads by Google
- "Certificate of Good Standing"
- Business Name Statement"
If you are applying for a pest control dealer license, the fee is $160.00 per calendar year.
A new license may be issued for a maximum of two years.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It may take up to 100 days or less to complete the processing of the application. Failure to comply with these time periods may be appealed to the Agriculture Secretary,
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ato Tefera Derebew
- Minister of Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry Of Agriculture And Rural Development
Crop Protection Departement
P.O.Box 623347 Addis Ababa
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.