Ethiopia - Apply for Immigration Visa
An immigrant visa is a document issued by a Ethiopian consular officer abroad that allows you to travel to the Ethiopia and apply for admission as a legal permanent resident. Once you are admitted in Ethiopia, you generally have the right to live and work in the Ethiopia permanently.
An immigration visa is issued to individuals who permanently want to settle in the country.
Ads by Google
To apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen must be sponsored by Ethiopian citizen relative(s), Ethiopian lawful permanent resident, or by a prospective employer, and be the beneficiary of an approved petition. The applicant is also required to see a certified physician for a medical examination, and must have a qualified financial sponsor.
- Full name and contact details of the Applicant applying for a visa;
- Date of Birth
- Purpose of visit;
Details and contact address of parents or guardian where the applicant shall be staying in Ethiopia.
- Step 1
- Fill Visa Form. Check the current Ethiopian visa regulations from the ministry of foreign Affairs or find the Ethiopian embassy in your country of permanent residence to obtain the visa application requirements;
- Get a visa application form and fill it in accurately;
- Attach all the necessary documents;
- Submit passport with all the documents any diplomatic mission or consular institution of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia in your country of residence;
- Step 2
- Complete the interview Application.
2.Interview appointment letter is given which you must carefully read to get all the interview details at heart such as the date of interview, venue and particular time.
- You will be required to update or correct your Form and return at a later time to finish the application process.
- Please note that if you have a third party assist you in filling out the Form, you are still accountable for all information contained on the Form.
- Step 3
- PAY THE APPLICATION FEE:
- Make all the necessary payments;
- This fee must be paid prior to your interview and can be paid at any Bank in Ethiopia branch in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. You must present the MRV fee receipt printed from the CSC in order to complete your payment at the Bank of Abyssinia.
- Step 4
- SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- There are two ways to schedule an appointment; you can use the internet appointment system or call to speak to an operator. There are no additional charges to use either system.
- Step 5
- Attend Appointment at the Embassy for Your Visa Interview
- Please arrive on time for your interview. Food, firearms, or any liquids including gel disinfectants are not permitted. Electronic equipment is not permitted and this includes cellular telephones, cameras (photo or video), radios, and computers.
- Step 6
- Pick up Your Visa at DHL (If Approved)
- If no additional processing is needed and your visa application is approved, you will receive your visa at the designated DHL location that you previously selected on form.
Ads by Google
- Valid passport
- A visa cover letter;
- Proof of nationality
- Payment slips
- Residential Permit
- A recent coloured passport size photo with white background.
- Visa fees are as follows
- Single entry – U$ 50 per individual
- Multiple entry visa 6-12 months – U$ 100
- Multiple entry visa 24 months – U$ 150
- Multiple entry visa 36 months – U$ 200
Valid for over 10 years
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The period for processing an application for a Immigration visa is two (2weeks) Two weeks
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
PO Box 393, Addis
Tel: 00251115517345, 514300
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.