Ethiopia - Apply for Film shooting permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain film shooting permit, applicant has to approach the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority contact link
- Applicant has to get the application form from the respective office.
- Complete the application form with necessary details.
- Make sure that the applicant should have all the necessary documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Submit the application form along with the documents to the concerned officer.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- After verification process, authority will issue the film shooting permit to the applicant.
- Completed application form
- A copy of the film’s script and/or the synopsis if it’s a feature or documentary film
- Four copies of the list of equipment necessary for the shoot
- A passport size photograph at arrival
Office Locations & Contacts
- A person or film company who wishing to shoot film in Ethiopia shall apply for this permit.
One must be a journalist visiting Ethiopia on the mission of shooting film news or capturing news or Filming sites in Ethiopia on behalf of the foreign organization. This permit is granted to the following category of people.
- Professional journalist,
- Film producer or director (other than of commercial films)
- A representative of a radio and/or television organisation
- Travel writer/travel promotion photographer etc. or any
- professional journalist/owner working for an association or
- A company engaged in the production or
- Broadcast of audio visual news or filming.
Current affairs programmes through the print, electronic or any other electronic form or any other mode of mass communication.
Fee will be disclosed by the authority at the time of application submission.
This Film shooting Permit is valid for 6 months only with a single entry.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time take less than a one month.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type=’website’>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the ‘&’ inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url‘http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M’ Video ID is ‘Y0US7oR_t3M’.
- If you intend to visit or film sites in Ethiopia, then you need to obtain a Film Shooting Permit which include those sites in the list of the sites you intend to film.
- If you secure permission from the Government Communication Affairs Office Foreign Media Accreditation for the whole list (as of the above procedure) then you can visit and film in all the sites approved in list.
- It is therefore necessary to include all the sites you intend to visit in the list before you submit it to the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority.
- The name of the company
- The names, passport numbers, and nationalities of the film crew
- The purpose and title of the film
- The duration of the shooting and exact locations where it will take place
- The production costs of the film
- The name and telephone number of the contact person or organization in Ethiopia
Need for the Document
A foreigner wishing to shoot a feature or documentary film in Ethiopia is required to obtain a permit from the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.