Ethiopia - Apply for Emergency Travel Certificate
Emergency Travel Documents shall be issued to persons who are not Ethiopian nationals, to those others who are unable to obtain or renew their national passports and to recognized political refugees in Ethiopia.The Emergency travel certificate is issued to enable them return to Ethiopia. It is usually issued for a one-way journey to Ethiopia only and must be surrendered to the Immigration authorities at the port of entry.
It is applicable to Ethiopian who lose their passports while abroad or whose passports have expired.
Ads by Google
Must be bonafide Ethiopian citizen
- Full names
- Date of birth
- Validity proof for example ID Card, Driving license, Birth certificate
- Four passport sized colored photos
- Finger prints
- Full Details of your Contacts
- Obtain a Police Report from the relevant Police Authority where the e-passport got lost.
- Report the loss of your e-passport to the Immigration Office.
- Submit a written formal report to the Ethiopian Embassy concerning the lost e-passport.
- A copy of the Police Report, resident permit and lost passport should be attached.
- Replace the lost passport by contacting relevant Ethiopian Embassies that can replace the lost passport. For more information about what documents to submit, relevant passport fees and interview dates, contact the relevant Embassy directly.
- After getting required information from the issuing Embassy, apply for the e-passport through the Ethiopian Immigration website.
- A letter of introduction will be issued by the Ethiopian Embassy to assist you obtain the new e- passport. The original copy of this letter should be presented directly to the Ethiopian Embassy where you are applying for the e-passport.
- Appear at the chosen Ethiopian Embassy on the date given to you. Please ensure you take along with you all the relevant documents needed for the new e-passport.
- You should ask for required information from the Ethiopian Embassy issuing the new e-passport before traveling to avoid any delays.
- During the processing of the passport, ensure that your personal information collected by the passport officer is correct.
- During the collection of the passport , also ensure that your personal details appear as it should be on the new passport.
- If there is any mistake, notify the passport officer for rectification before you leave the Embassy or Immigration office
Ads by Google
- Proof of citizenship
- Police report
- Return Ticket to Ethiopian .
- Emergency Travel Certificate - $100 fee (non-refundable)
Valid for 2-3 weeks
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 2-5 days
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
PO Box 393, Addis
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.