Ethiopia - Apply for Certificate of Vaccination
The ministry of health and the Government of Ethiopia has put in place the requirements of Dose of orol polio vaccine for all travellers to EThiopia from all endemic countries and countries with polio virus circulation following importation.
Therefore a certificate of vaccination is required when applying for an entry and Exit visa to Ethiopia,it is mandatory for foreign nationals which are affected with polio virus to moves to other countries with a certificate of vaccination.
The risks to health whilst travelling will vary between individuals and many issues need to be taken into account, e.g. activities abroad, length of stay and general health of the traveller.
It is recommended that you consult with your General Practitioner or Practice Nurse 6-8 weeks in advance of travel. They will assess your particular health risks before recommending vaccines and /or antimalarial tablets.
Ensure you are fully insured for medical emergencies including repatriation.
All foreign nationals residing in infected countries are required by law to carry a polio vaccination certificate when applying for an entry and Exit visa to foreign countries like Ethiopia.
Ads by Google
- You must be residing in a country that has not been declared by world health organization as a polio free Nation, countries like Kenya, Ethiopia,Syria,Somalia,Pakistan,Somalia and Nigeria
- It is not mandatory for foreigners residing in the seven polio infected countries to apply for a Polio vaccination certificate before any intention to travel abroad.
- Ethiopian resident traveling from Ethiopia to other countries are required to receive a dose of polio four weeks before departure, and must carry with them the vaccination Certificate.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid identity proof
1.Start by filling out an application form for the polio vaccination certificate at least four weeks prior to departure to the coutry of your choice , you should gather information you will likely need when filling out an application.
- if you're a new member you can apply immediately.
- The application process for the certificate is quite simple, because most of the government hospital give this certificate with a small minimal pay of 1.birr and are willing to give a dose and certificate regardless of age and vaccination status.
Travelers who wish to leave Ethiopia with this certificate should contact the local health Authorities in their respective kebele for the vaccination dose and vaccination certificate.
The certificate of vaccination should accompany other documents when applying for a visa for other countries during the travel.
2.Just fill out an Application form, which includes personal information like:
- Social security number,
- Designation of the primary insured and all dependents (including the names, ages, dates of birth and social security numbers for all dependents),
- Employment information including date of hire,
- And the type of health insurance coverage you select.
- You'll probably have to provide information about your prior health insurance coverage,
- Including the insurance company name and policy number.
3.The completed application goes back to the hospital coordinator, who will process your form, and you're finished and the wait to pick your Vaccination Certificate.
Ads by Google
- National Identification Card.
- Names and date of birth certificate.
- Proof of citizenship
- Identity card
- Physical Address
- Names of the family Members.
- Information About your recent Insurance policy.
- Names and addresses of doctors working on you.
- Your employment
- Health insurance plan through your employer,
- medical examination report.
Application fee is 1 Birr
valid for a period of 1 year.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing is instant
- Ministry of health
P.O.BOX 1234 Addisababa, Ethiopia.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.