Ethiopia - Apply for Animal Registration Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The person intending to transport the animals writes to the district veterinary officer requesting for permission to inspect the animals.
- The person fills a form for transporting animals from one Kebele, district to another.
- The person then pays the required fees for inspection.
- The district veterinary officer then schedules for inspection of the animals and animal products.
- Upon satisfaction the district veterinary officer then issues an animal registration permit
If the Animal is from One region within the Country.
- Identification document
- Proof of payment for the animals/authorization from the owner of the animals
- Application form for movement permit
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ato Tefera Derebew
Minister of Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Trade and Industry
P. O. Box 2559, Addis Ababa,
Tel: 251-1-518200, Fax: 251-1-514288
You should be a Traders in animals and animal products.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process takes 3 months
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The animal registration certificate is issued by the district Veterinary officer after inspecting the animals.
- The person transporting animals shall pay all the necessary fees before transporting the animals.
- The veterinary officer has the right to deny a certificate if the person transporting the animals does not fulfill all necessary requirements.
- Name of person to whom permission to transport animals is granted
- Purpose for which the animals are transported
- Where the animals are transported from and their destination
- Number of days for transportation of the animals
- Period within which the animals will be slaughtered
Need for the Document
The animal registration certificate grants permission to transport live animals and animal products across Kebele, sub-counties and districts within Ethiopia. The permit is issued by the district veterinary officers (DVOs) to confirm that the animals are not stolen and that they are in good health.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.