Ethiopia - Apply Motorcycle License for people with Special Need
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
1.) Applicant must prepare all necessary documents.
- A Class M motorcycle license allows the holder 18 years of age or older the privilege of operating a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle over 50cc. The operator of a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle will need to apply for a special license (or XM license). These two and three-wheeled vehicles are categorized by cylinder capacity and other design features. Special licenses (XM license) may be issued as a single license, or along with another primary class.
2.) Go to the issuing authority with all the requirement fees, and pay certain fees.
- Applicants wishing to apply for a special license/XM license should obtain and read the Special Motorcycle Operator Manual which is available at all driver license service centers located throughout the Ethiopia Transport Department Ministry of Transport.
3.) Applicant must pass the theoretical and practical driving test on the especially equipped vehicle or motorcycle.
- Any operator of a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle for special needs requires a special permit allowing them to operate a motorcycle with certain restrictions after completing the requirement established for a motorcycle license.
If you are not a national or resident of Ethiopia you will need an international motorcycle driving license or a temporary Ethiopian license to drive a motorcycle in Ethiopia you can not drive a motorcycle with a car license.
1.) Proof of identity and residence (ID, passport.etc)
2.) Medical certificate issued by the competent Medical Commission proving his ability to drive (private or light means of transport) vehicles or motorcycles properly equipped for the applicant's health condition.
3.) A school-phase or literacy certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ethiopian Ministry of transport
The applicant's age should not be less than 18 years.
The applicant is exempted from all the dues of driving license issuance. However, the applicant pays only the price of the forms which is 50.Birr
A permit is valid for 6 months (therefore, if a non citizen needs to stay for more than three (3) months in Ethiopia, he /she must obtain a Ethiopian Drivers License.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing will take 21 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Before applying for the drivers license, one must prove he she is eighteen (18) and above;
- Get the necessary Forms for the Licensing Office, Read carefully and fill in the required information.
- Make all the necessary payments
- Attach all the necessary documents required;
- Return the application form to the Licensing Office; and
- Appear in person to sign for your permit.
- Full Name of Applicant
- Name of mother
- Passport / Identity card Number
- Age and sex
- Date of Birth
Need for the Document
A motorcycle (also called a motorbike, bike, motor cycle) is a two or three wheeled motor vehicle. Motorcycles are one of the most affordable forms of motorized transport in many parts of the world and, for most of the world's population, they are also the most common type of motor vehicle.
A drivers license legal document one requires in order to drive a motorcycle on the road. A motor cycle drivers license is that legal document that permits a person to ride a motorcycle on the road. Thus it is illegal to ride a motorcycle without this legal document.
In Ethiopia a drivers license is an affair comprising of two (2) pieces of paper glued together and laminated, one side has the picture of the owner and the other sheet has other details.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.