Egypt - Applying for Immigration Visa
A visa is a clearance permitting a person to proceed to visit another country. An immigration visa is a clearance that permits a person to another country to apply for permanent residence.
An immigration visa is issued to individuals who permanently want to settle in the country.
Ads by Google
- Carry a genuine passport / travel document with validity beyond one year;
- On arrival, one is required to fill in arrival declaration cards and should comply with other immigration formalities including the :provision of required biometric information; Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission;
- A pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder’s stay in the country for the period granted;
- One should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs;
- Entry should be made only through the country’s gazetted ports of entry/exit.
One must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Egypt.
- Full name and contact details of the Applicant applying for a visa;
- Date of Birth
- Purpose of visit;
- Details and contact address of parents or guardian where the applicant shall be staying in Egypt.
1.Check the current Egyptian visa regulations from the ministry of foreign Affairs from here or find the Egyptian embassy in your country of permanent residence to obtain the visa application requirements;
- Get a visa application form and fill it in accurately;
- Make all the necessary payments;
- Attach all the necessary documents;
- Submit passport with all the documents any diplomatic mission or consular institution of the Arab Republic of Egypt in your country of residence;
2.Interview appointment letter is given which you must carefully read to get all the interview details at heart such as the date of interview, venue and particular time.
3.The next step is Visa interview: This process involves interviews with questions on a number of issues. It is either a miss or catch for visa interview. Although you badly need the Visa to finalize travel plans, the interview is a must and often involves stress and anxiety;
- A visa is then stamped into one’s passport after passing the interview;
- Foreigners from outside Africa may apply for a residence permit. which can be obtained prior to departure at the Egyptian embassy in their home country.
- On arrival at the Airport obtain and fill immigration pass forms;
Ads by Google
- Valid passport
- A visa cover letter;
- Proof of nationality
- Payment slips
- Residential Permit
- A recent coloured passport size photo with white background.
- Visa fees are as follows
- Single entry – U$ 50 per individual
- Multiple entry visa 6-12 months – U$ 100
- Multiple entry visa 24 months – U$ 150
- Multiple entry visa 36 months – U$ 200
Valid for over 10 years.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The period for processing an application for a Immigration visa is two (2weeks) Two weeks.
- Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Arab Republic of Egypt.
Tel : 25796334 -
Tel : 25746872 -
Tel : 25746871 -
Tel : 25796338 -
Tel : 25796342
Foreigners and Legalization Affairs : email@example.com
Citizens' Complaint Unit : Contact.Us@mfa.gov.eg
Tel : 25748620
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa
a) nationals of Kuwait, who are allocated a six months’ residence permit upon arrival;
b) Palestinians holding an Egyptian residence card, provided the stay outside Egypt does not exceed six months;
c) nationals of Bahrain, Djibouti, Guinea, Jordan (only with a passport with at least five years’ validity), Libya, Oman, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen for stays of up to three months;
d) Holders of diplomatic passports of Argentina, Bosnia Herzegovina, Italy, Malaysia, Malta, Singapore, the Slovak Republic and Turkey;
e) those continuing their journey to a third country within 24 hours, provided holding confirmed tickets.
f) Cruise ship passengers entering Egypt at any port for a maximum stay of 3 days.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.