Egypt - Apply for work permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
First thing to be done : Documents to be submitted to the ministry of manpower and immigration in Egypt starting that the Company will sponsor the expatriate.
- An updated version of the company's commercial register prove that the company is existing in the country.
- The company's tax card for clearing taxes to the Government.
- Step 1: in order to apply for a work visa the applicant must have a job offer from a Egyptian company.
- Step 2: the company initiates the process by applying to the Work Department (???? ?????) for a work visa approval, providing a copy of the applicant's passport, an invitation letter prepared by the company, and the required fees.
- A power of attorney to be issued by the company in favour of the officer who will carry out the work permit procedures on behalf of the company.
- Step 3: the work department approves the application, and sends a copy to the immigration (????? ???????? ??? ???????).
- Step 4: the immigration department prepares the actual "work visa approval" (see below for a copy) and faxes a copy to the Egyptian embassy in the applicant's country of origin.
- Step 5: the applicant visits the embassy, pays the appropriate fees, and secures the visa stamp in his or her passport.
- Valid passport
- Seven passport photos
- Two copies of employers incorporation contract
- Two copies of Tax ID card
- Two copies of academic qualifications (university degrees etc.)
- Copy of commercial register from employer
- Licences required for practising profession
- Letter from employer detailing why it was necessary to hire a foreigner
- Approval from relevant authority related to profession
- A representative from employer who will sponsor the work permit
- Negative HIV test
- Approval from State Security Service in Egypt
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
- Any foreigner wishing to work in Egypt must obtain a work Permit.
- You will need to get a security clearance from the State Security Service in Egypt.
- You will also need to provide proof of a clean bill of health.This includes undergoing an HIV test.
Fees charges goes to $100
It is valid for a year, after which you will have to renew it. Most employers will take care of renewing this process.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process can take up to six months so you should plan accordingly.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- A person can acquire the work permit application form from the Ministry of Manpower and Training Office in Cairo
- For those workers who might not be in Egypt, their employer will obtain the form for them.
- All applicants will have to provide numerous documents to support their application.
- Scanned copy of your passport's bio data page (the page with your photo).
- Your profession.
- Estimated date of arrival.
- Payment proof.
Need for the Document
According to the Egyptian laws and regulations, any foreigner intends to work in Egypt must obtain a work permit except for those categories specified in Article 2 of the Ministerial Decree No. 292 2010.Though the process for acquiring a work permit for Egypt can unfortunately be a complicated one and Egyptian authorities can be inefficient at times.
Any person before applying for a work permit must have secured a job long before arriving in Egypt and their employer will take care of the bulk of the paperwork involved in applying for a work permit. If you are planing to move to Egypt without a firm job offer, the process of getting a work visa can slightly be more complicated.
While it is possible to get a work visa and employment from within the country, the process is more difficult and certainly more uncertain at times. A person wishing to stay longer than three months should apply for an Entry Visa at least three months prior to arrival in Egypt. The required paperwork submitted for an Entry Visa changes often and is best handled by an agency or through the hiring company. The length and cost of obtaining an Entry Visa changes depending on the applicant's nationality and type of Entry Visa you are applying for.
Information which might help
- The Egyptian government has recently released some amendments to the laws regarding work permits in the country.
- Applicants from all African countries as well as those from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines and Sri Lanka, now need proof of their qualifications, an employment contract and a letter from their employer in Egypt taking responsibility for the employers' stay, before they will be granted a work permit.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.