Egypt - Apply for the Site Validity Certificate
In Egypt Building Companies are required to apply at the Municipal Authority to obtain the Site Validity Certificate, which proves the conformance of the site with the planning and building requirements. The request identifies the site, the address and the borders of the land. A copy of the applicant's national ID and receipt of the payment must be attached to the request. Article 19 of Law 119/2008 sets a ceiling of EGP 200 for the fee related to the obtainment of the Site Validity Certificate. This ceiling can be increased at no more than 3% every year.
All agencies caring out building activities in Egypt are eligible
Ads by Google
- To process all instruments evidencing ownership and possession of land in the state.
- To keep in custody all land records,estate instruments, and their management
1. Land Information (to be obtained upon an application to the Office of the Surveyor General and payment of EGP 1000);
2. Application Form (EGP 200);
3. Chartable Survey Plan (2 cloth, 2 paper)
4. Duly Stamped Purchase receipt;
5. Tax Clearance (evidence of payment of current tax assessment);
6. Capital Contribution (to be calculated based on the size and location of the land);
7. Four passport photographs of Applicant;
8. Publication Fee (EGP,2000);
9. Sketch of the Location – This is a graphic description of the location of the property.
The procedure for Applying for the site validity Certificate (SVC) in cairo, Egypt shown in this procedure below as the official steps as described by the Egyptian Government.
- Step I
You can purchase a form from the Land department at the Municipal Authority (MA)at EGP500.or Obtain application form (hard copy) from the Ministry, (Land Use and Allocation Section) or any of its field offices in other Districts.
- Attached on the Application letter, the following.
- (i) the Contracting Contract, approved by the Egyptian Federation for Construction and Building Contractors, if applicable,
- (ii) and the Execution Supervision Certificate, approved by the Syndicate of Engineers.
- Complete the application form (hard copy or online) and return same accompanied with;
- (i) Your root of title to the subject parcel of land
- (ii) Your survey plan (3 copies required)
- (iii) Your tax clearance certificate (covering the past 3 years) or evidence of being domiciled abroad where applicable;
- (iv) passport photographs (3 copies required)
- (v) official receipt for application fees of two hundred Egyptian Pound(Residential) land use) or Five hundred Egyptian fee for (Commercial land use).
- (vi) Advert fees on the Egyptian Observer in the sum of EGP1000(payable directly to the Land Use and Allocation Unit of the Ministry, and
- (vii) Your cell phone contact and e-mail addresses where applicable.
- Step II
After filling the form submit the application pack to the Land department at the Municipality Authority and collect an acknowledgement slip as evidence of payment. sends a letter to the Municipal Authority to inform them that construction work will start. The letter must be sent at least 15 days before starting construction. Wait to Receive on-site inspection from the Municipal Engineering Department if the application is accepted and If there are any hindrances to the site, the administrative body shall issue a statement indicating the hindrances that block the issuance of the Site Validity Certificate in writing.
- If no objection is received within 15 days statutory waiting period,
Your application will be processed by the relevant departments of the Municipality Authority and the site Validity certificate will be issued
The Permanent Secretary Lands Bureau (PS), Lands signs off on the memo and sends the file to Municipality Authority with a period of - 2 Days
- Step III
Before issuing the Site Validity Certificate, an inspector from the Municipal Engineering Department inspects the construction site
- (i) to verify that there are no pre-existing buildings or illegal demolitions on the plot of land, and
- (ii) to check the data to ensure there are no irregularities on the plot of land.
Then Engineers at the Municipality approves file and electronically signs the site validity Certificate within - 2 Days
- Should the file has a query, message is relayed back by notification.
- Upon approval and signing of the Site Validity Certificate by Engineer, He signs off and sends it to the Deputy Registrar for further processing in a period of not less than- 2 Days
- Step IV
The Deputy Registrar processes the file further, signs off and sends it to Registrar of Titles for final registration -with a period of 2 Days
- The Registrar of Titles registers the Site Validity Certificate , signs off and request for printing of Certificate within - 1 Day
- Thereafter it is registered in the Lands Registry of the Ministry and you can then sign, and collect your Certificate of Occupancy duly signed and registered.
- It is always advisable you pay your ground rent in advance for at least one year immediately after you collect your site validity Certificate of Occupancy.
This process adds up to a total of 15 days of processing all the required documents.
Ads by Google
The Site Validity Certificate, All architectural drawings, A copy of the owner ID, A copy of the engineer ID, A copy of the engineer authorization, and A copy of the ownership contract of the plot of land.
The Application fees is for Site Validity Certificate EGP 200
The certificate is for 3years.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 1 week after the submission of the application.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Land Cultivation
Dr. Adel Tawfik Elsayed ElBeltagy img
Address 1 Hunting Club st. Dokki - Giza
Phone no: 33372677 - 33372970
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.