Egypt - Apply for an Entry Permit of Guns / Ammunition
If you wish to bring firearms into Egypt, inquire at the country's embassy or consulate about the permit required. Some countries impose a stiff prison term for importing illegal firearms. Returning US citizens do not require an import permit for firearms they have taken out of the country; however, this previous export must be proven by registering the firearms before departure with either customs or the ATF.
- All Foreigners and Resident of Egypt with a Entry pass of Guns or Ammunition license are Eligible.
- Foreigner tourist must have a tourist visa before securing a Ammunition permit in Egypt.
Ads by Google
- Foreign citizens should take responsibility for their own personal security while traveling to Egypt.
- Foreign travelers should exercise caution and are strongly encouraged to register with their home Embassy prior to or immediately upon their arrival.
- Firearms must be bonded and are held by the proper authorities until time of departure.However Import of all firearms, including sporting guns, is prohibited in Egypt.
- You will need a permit to own any gun in Egypt. Firearms should be licensed and must be securely locked on board, under the captain's control only.
- At times Fire arms must be declared and if customs are satisfied that they are safely secured, you may be allowed to keep them on board.
- A list of firearms, with their type and details, must be handed to the authorities on arrival at the port of Entry in Egypt.
- Personal Information
- Occupation/Employment Information
- Particulars of Firearm
- Spousal Information
- Next of Kin
- Particulars of Applicant
1) Make an application to the Firearm Regulatory Authority in Egypt under the Ministry of interior through Egyptian embassy in your country of origin.
2) Then you will be issued with an application form that will require your bio-data.
Some of the pertinent information required are:
- (i) Your full names
- (ii) Address
- (iii) Reasons for applying for an Entry permit of Firearm.
- (iv) Date of Birth.
(3) Further required to accompany the application form is a permit to possess a firearm in your home Country.
(4) Another medical report is also required in the applicant name.
(5) Four (4) clear passport photograph of the applicant is also required.
(6) The Authorities in Egypt will register your serial number of the weapon.
(7) Upon a satisfactory appraisal of the application the permit is issued in a booklet form, bearing one of the passport photographs of the applicant and carrying the stamp of the Country police headquarters. NB. The permit Authorized the applicant of the firearms, carry his /her gun up to the Boarder entry and must,handed to the authorities on arrival. All arms and ammunition, including spear guns, must be handed to the police or customs on arrival and a receipt obtained. The bonded firearms will be returned on departure.
N.B. In Egypt, the right to private gun ownership is not guaranteed by law.
- In Egypt, civilians are not allowed to possess long-guns.
Ads by Google
- 4 Passport sized photographs
- Attested copy of address proof: Ration Card, Voter Identity Card, Passport, Electricity/ Water/Telephone Bill, Driving Licence, Property (House) Tax, Tax Return, National identification Card
- Attested copy of date of birth: Police clearance Certificate, Birth certificate, Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date and place of birth by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid for a period of 90 days
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
processing take 60 days
- Ministry of Interior affairs
Major General Major General Mohamed Ahmed Ibrahim Mohamed Mostafa img
Address El Sheikh Rihan St.Cairo , Postal Code 11641
Phone no. 27948300 - 27959111 - 27952300
- Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Mr. Nabil Fahmy img
Address Masbero-Kornish El Nile St.Cairo
Phone no. 25749817
Website http://www.mfa.gov.eg .
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.