Egypt - Apply for a Telecommunication license
If you've chosen to go into Telecommunication business your are required to apply for a license from National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt.
The National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt is an independent National Regulatory Authority for the telecommunications industry in Egypt. The Authority is responsible for creating an enabling environment for competition among operators in the industry as well as ensuring the provision of qualitative and efficient telecommunications services throughout the country.
It does this by ensuring fair competition in all sectors of the Egyptian communications industry and also encourage participation of Egyptians in the ownership, control and management of communications companies and organizations.
All Individual or companies interested in the Egypt communications industry and other related communication products in Egypt.
Ads by Google
The National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt, is the body in Egypt that has a statutory responsibility of regulating and controlling the telecommunications industry.
The National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt with a mandate to efficiently manage, plan, coordinate, allocate, assign, register, monitor and use of scarce national resources in the communications sub-sector, including but not limited to frequency spectrum, numbers and electronic addresses, and also promote and safeguard national interests, safety and security in the use of the said scarce national resources.
It does this by regulating the work of Telecommunication industry in Egypt for this purposes of creating an effective, impartial and independent regulatory authority.
All Companies applying for a license must be registered in Egypt by the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA)
- The key information required is as follows
1. Name of Applicant (or Authorized Representative)
2. Organization / Company.
3. Completed NTRA application form ( FORM AP.03).
4. Certificate of Incorporation with the National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt, if a company.
5. Certified true copy of memorandum & Articles of Association.
6. Tax Clearance Certificate
7. information on Equipment standards and specifications.
8. Information on a random sample of the equipment that was done and a technical and conformity tests that was conducted by NTRA .
The aim is to regulate the Telecommunication Service and also to enhance and deploy services in compliance with the most advanced technology means satisfying the Users’ needs at the most appropriate prices. it is the work of NTRA to encourage national and international investment in this field within free competition rules,
- There are two categories of licenses namely
- class and individual license.
- A Class Licence is a type of general authorization. The terms and conditions/obligations are common to all. Requires only registration with the Authority for applicants to commence operation.
- An Individual Licence is a type of authorization whose terms, conditions and obligations; scope and limitations are specific service provision. Process of licensing can take the form of Auction; “First Come First Served”, “Beauty Contest” or Administrative procedure, etc.
- The procedure,leading to the issuance or permit by the National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt, is described below.
1.Request for an application Form at a cost of EGP500 , which is payable in the Bank.
2. Fill the Form up to the end and attach a receipt, acknowledging the submission of application by applicant upon receipt of the completed application form.
3.Evaluate you self by considering the following;
- Check if you are in a Bona-fide status in terms with Company incorporation and other required/prescribed documents.
- present a list of Required Documents.
- Complete the Application Form for each license you require at (Cost: EGP1,000.00) payable by bank draft, to the National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt.
- Copies of Completed Application Form (As Applicable).
- Non-Refundable Administrative fee, which is 5% of the relevant license fees and is payable in bank draft on submission of the application form.
- Check and confirm if you holds any License/Permit, or if previously you have a refused license anywhere, or if you had a license that was revoked anywhere in the past.
- Check to confirm that the service for which license you are seeking is available and could be licensed.
- Basic licences and permit may not require the submission of a business plan, however, submission of business plan is a requirement consideration of all major licences.
Technical Plan will require to examine the following
- Examine technical information given relative to:
- Viability of system technology;
- Equipment/apparatus compatibility with existing systems;
- Equipment/apparatus previous existence in Egypt;
- Equipment/apparatus approval elsewhere;
- Examine Radio Engineering (if applicable) in terms of:
- Location and/or coverage of operation.
- Frequency requirement, confirmation of availability and allocation/approval.
- Examine proposed service coverage relative to permissibility of new operators.
- To ascertain level of technical competence in relation to viability of system technology.
- Examine organization structure relative to staffing, involvement of expatriates, as well as training program.
- To examine organizational capability and competence in terms of experiences of key personnel and the company.
- Remember to Present a project implementation plans and status report - This should be designed specifically for network and network based services.
This is to demonstrate that you understand the service, ascertain status of project implementation in terms of: interconnection agreement, equipment type-testing, frequency approval, technical partnership, and to clarify any possible ambiguity in the project proposals.
Recommendation It is important to show that in your business dealing you will Protect the National Security and the State top interests
This is to present that your suitability and qualify to get a license.
NTRA has not set any minimum share capital. However, the Authority reserves the right to investigate the financial and technical capability of an applicant to deploy service in the license category chosen.
Ads by Google
To register for telecommunication Class license there are basic documents and requirement you must have.They include the followings:
- Bank Draft
- Obtain a bank draft of EGP,500 payable to National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority for the form. (The Authority’s name must be written in full on the draft)
- Fill the application form and produce two more copies.
- Attach the following documents :
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Tax Clearance Certificate but if it is a new Company, a tax waiver letter should be obtained and attached to the submission.
- Certified true copy of Articles and Memorandum of Association
- 2 passport photographs of authorized representative
- Certificate of qualified technical staff. (if applicable)
- Completed application should be submitted in duplicate with all necessary documents attached and bound
- License fee on submission of application is EGP,500
- All payments are in bank draft
The requirements for an Individual Licence are
- Bank Draft
- Obtain a bank draft of 5,00 payable to National Regulatory Authority for the form. (The Commission’s name must be written in full on the draft)
- Fill the application form and produce three copies
- Attach the following documents :
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate but if it is a new ompany, a letter indicating tax waiver should be obtained and attached to the submission.
- Certified true copy of Articles and Memorandum of Association.
- 3 passport photographs of authorized representative.
- Feasibility report of proposed service applied for.
- Completed application should be submitted in triplicate with all necessary documents attached and bound.
- On submission, a non refundable administrative charge which is 5% of the relevant licence fee would be paid.
- License offer is granted if all conditions/requirements are met. All payments are in bank draft
- An application fee of EGP 500.00 (Five hundred Egyptian Pound)
- The license fees payable varies according to the services.
- Public Payphone are required to pay EGP5,000.
- Tele-Centre/Cyber Café are required to pay EGP5,000.
- Cabling are required to pay EGP1,000.
- Repairs & Maintenance of Telecom Facilities EGP5,000.
- Sales & Installation of Terminal Equipment EGP5,000.
The license is valid for a period of 2 years.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- According to the provision of the National Telecommunication Regulatory Act 2003, an applicant must receive a response with respect to licence application within 90 days of the submission of the application.
- However for Class Licence, once your application is complete, you get your offer letter immediately. For individual licence, depending on the service and completeness of required information, the conclusion of the process takes between 4‐8 weeks.
- The National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of Egypt
- Main Office
Address: Smart Village, Building No. 4, Km 28 Cairo / Alex Road.
Telephone: (+202) 3534-4000
Fax: (+202) 3534-4155
- Nasr City Branch
5 Mokhayam Daem Street – 6th District
Telephone: (+202) 22626354 (+202) 22626353
Fax: (+202) 22626421
- Alexandria Branch
514 Horreya Road – Elwezara – Borg Moataz Palace
Telephone: (+203) 5822240, (+203) 5822280 & (+203) 5822207
- Ismaelya Branch
Shaimaa Building – Area 22D. Shebeen El Kom street.
In front of Al Nooh Institute
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.