Egypt - Apply for a Tax Return
A tax return is a document prepared and filed to the tax authority of given country by either an individual or company to declare his / her / its liability for taxation. The tax return can either be an income tax return / Annual Tax Return, PAYE return, Value Added Tax return, or any other tax return. The tax authority in Egypt is the Egyptian Tax Authority (ETA)
It is the employer’s responsibility to file quarterly tax returns. The employer has one month after the end of each quarter to file such returns. Additionally, the employer is required to file annual salary tax reconciliation outlining salaries paid to each employee, deductions, exemptions, tax due, and the net salary paid to each employee.
Any individual or entity that carries out a taxable transaction.
Ads by Google
1.An applicant must be registered by the Ethiopian Tax Authority as a tax pay;
2.Endeavor to file returns within the given period of time;
3.Failure to submit returns in a given period of time shall lead to penalties;
4.All companies are required to file and forward taxes on an actual basis;
5.Returns may be submitted in person or through a tax agent;
6.If an agent is contacted, ensure that he / she is authorized to rendered the desired services in the country;
1.Name and address of applicant
2.Nature of business
3.Details of bankers
4.Companies in the primary market filing monthly Returns will in addition provide the following information:-
5.Type of offer;
6.Services rendered; and
7.Amount of value added tax payable.
8.Companies in the secondary market filing monthly Returns will in addition provide the following information:-
9.Number and value of transactions;
11.Amount of tax deducted at source;
12.Amount of value added tax payable
1.You will start by registering as a taxpayers at a nearby tax office in your area of operation:-
- In this case, you go to a nearby tax office and obtain an application for registration form and fill it in completely;
- Accompanied with proof of identity, submit the filled form to the tax office;
- Upon submission of documents, your passport photo and finger prints shall be captured by the tax officers;
- Upon verification of submitted details, a taxpayer’s identification number (TIN) is issued to you;
2.Thereafter you can proceed with filing the appropriate tax returns under the self Assessment Regime
- You can either file returns in person or you can contact an authorized tax agent to file returns on your behalf. You / your agent should start the filing process by computing the tax liabilities; in this case, you shall be required to make sure that an assessment of taxes payable is done, and then you make payment for the tax(es) due in any designated bank;
- Thereafter obtain the appropriate return form for the return you wish to file, fill it completely and submit it with an assessment notice and evidence of payment to the tax authority;
- When the tax authority receives documents, they are assessed to ensure that each and every detail has been filled in the form;
Ads by Google
- Evidence of direct payment of the whole or part of tax due into a bank designated for the payment of tax;
- Tax Invoices
- Payment Slips
- Companies filing Annual Returns must also provide
- Audited financial statements;
- Capital allowances computation;
- Detailed statement of profits from each transaction
- Audited financial statements and tax computations (nonresident companies)
Free of charge
- The following apply to Employees and employers on there income returns.
- All taxpayers are entitled to 5,000 Egyptian pounds (EGP) zero-rated tax.
- Ten percent is applicable to taxable income between EGP5,001 and 20,000.
- Fifteen percent is applicable to taxable income between EGP20,001 and EGP40,000.
- Twenty percent is applicable to taxable income in excess of EGP40,000
Valid for 1 year
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
One day or less
- Ministry of Finance
Mr. Hany Kadry img
Address Nasr City
Phone no. 23428886 - 23428010 - 23428830
Fax 26861680 - 2686181
Fax: ++2(0)2 26861861
Email Address: email@example.com
- Egyptian Tax Authority
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Finance Towers, Nasr City.
Extension of Ramsis Street,
Tel: +20 2 2342 8886;
Tel: +20 2 2342 8010;
Tel: +20 2 2342 8032;
Tel: +20 2 2342 8830;
Tel: +20 2 2342 8840
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.