Countries > Egypt

Egypt - Apply for a Student Visa

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search



If you are a non-Egyptian student, you must have a valid passport from your country of citizenship in order to travel to Egypt. The passport should be valid for at least six months after the planned return to your home country.

Many eligible and desirous students are unable to demonstrate their financial support to pay to the College / University approximately LE 3600. which is normally the cost of tuition for their first semester in Egypt. They do not have good Bank statements and there is no immediate relative to provide them affidavit of financial support. Hence their immigration desire on student Visa remains a dream to study in Egypt.


Students who are non Egyptian are valid for a Student Visa provided they have the requirements.

Ads by Google


  • For entry to Egypt, you must obtain a Student visa from the Egyptian embassy or consulate in your home country.
  • Student visas are valid for one to 3 years , and are nonrenewable according to Egyptian Laws.
  • Every intending visitor is required to carry a genuine passport / travel document with validity beyond one year.
  • On arrival, all students are required to fill in arrival declaration cards and should comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information;
  • Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission;
  • Student’s pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder’s stay in the country for the period granted in the pass;
  • Arriving students should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs;
  • Engagement in employment on basis of students pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders are prosecuted.
  • Entry should be made only through the country’s gazetted ports of entry/exit.
  • Students must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Egypt.

Required Information

  1. Full name and contact details of the student applying for a visa;
  2. Sex
  3. Date of Birth
  4. Nationality
  5. Details of the enrolling university / institution;
  6. Course details;
  7. Year of admission and duration of course; and
  8. Details and contact address of parents or guardian where the applicant shall be staying in Egypt.


  • Enter to Egypt with a Student visa.
  • Register your name at the nearest neighborhood police station within the first seven days of your arrival in Egypt.
  • If you can decide to reside at AUC hostel, the “resident assistant” will help you with all the formalities .
  • If you reside off-campus housing, the Business Support Office can help you with this process. *Depending on where your classes are held, take your passport and your complete address written on a piece of paper to the Business Support Office in Cairo.
  • If you are American, Canadian, or an EU citizen, you are not to register upon arrival to Egypt.
  • Without an appropriate visa from the Egyptian government, you will be subject to deportation.
  • Within 30 days of arrival in Cairo, you must complete the application process to obtain a student residence visa.


  • The student residence visa is renewed on a semester basis
  • Non-Egyptian full-time students are entitled to University certification to obtain a student residence visa.
  • Full time status for Undergraduate, Non-degree Undergraduate is 12 credit hours.
  • As for Graduate, Non-degree Graduate is 9 credit hours.
  • If your parents are permanent residents of Egypt, you are not required to obtain a student residence visa provided that you are still a dependent of your parent.
  • If you are an Egyptian/dual national male student or your father is Egyptian, the Egyptian government recognizes you as a citizen of Egypt.
  • You are entitled to a six-month stay in Egypt as an Egyptian citizen without any military service clarifications or obligations.
  • If you exceed the six-month stay, you have to process the military service exemption for Egyptian/dual national in person otherwise you will not be allowed to leave the country until you clarify your military service status and issue the military service exemption.

Ads by Google

Required Documents

  1. Valid passport
  2. A visa cover letter;
  3. Covering letter from School / Tertiary Institutions / University addressed to Commissioner Immigration Control Department
  4. admission letter from School / Tertiary Institutions / University;
  5. Copies of parents passports
  6. Covering letter from school to immigration department indicating year of admission and duration of study;
  7. Attach copies of parents Immigration status like work permit if parents are residents in Egypt and
  8. Parents do not live or work in Egypt, applicants should attach Letter from parent acknowledging relationship of the resident guardian and *child or student in Egypt, consent or covering letter from guardian addressed to the Commissioner Immigration Control Department.,
  9. Immigration status of host or guardian e.g. work permit or Passport.
  10. Attach identification card issued by institution of learning.

Students undertaking post graduate program should provide copies of previous academic qualifications.

  • Payment slips
  • Residential Permit
  • A recent colored passport size photo with white background.


  1. Single entry – LE 300 per individual
  2. Multiple entry visa 6-12 months – LE 600
  3. Multiple entry visa 24 months – LE 900
  4. Multiple entry visa 36 months – LE 1200


The student visa is Valid for 1 to 3 years depending on the course and the number of years required to complete the course.

Documents to Use

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links

Sample Documents

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time

The processing takes 21 working days.

Office Locations & Contacts

Ministry of Manpower and Immigration

DR. Nahed ElAshry img

Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo

Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019

Fax 22618019



Military and Student Visa Services in Cairo

Voice: (20-2) 2615-2440


The Office of Student Affairs in New York

Voice: (212) 730-8800 ext. 24

Fax: (212) 730-1600


Student Business Support Satellite Office.

located in the Administration Building,

room G-023, New Cairo Campus or the Business Support Satellite Office

located in room 424 Main Building,

Tahrir Square Campus, between 09:00am and 02:30pm.

Ads by Google


Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Information which might help

AUC is not responsible for the denial of a student residence visa by the Egyptian government.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links


More information which might help people.
Personal tools