Egypt - Apply for a Medical Visa
This type of visa is issued to a foreigner seeking medical treatment in Egypt in established or recognized or specialized hospitals. The visa can be single or multiple entries.
-Validity of medical visa is for up to one year or duration of the treatment, whichever is less. It can further be extended up to one year on recommendation from an established / recognized hospital.
-An applicant who wishes to visit Egypt on Medical Visa can take up to two persons as attendants who would be granted Medical Attendant Visa.
Following are procedures on how to apply for a Medical Visa.
All foreigner who wish to cover there medical treatment in Egypt are Eligible
Ads by Google
- Must appear in person for a visa.
- All immigrant visa applicants and certain non immigrant visa applicants undergo a medical examination prior to receiving a visa.
- The medical examination should be done by one of the authorized physicians.
- You must have your passport/s and three passport-size photographs of each person to be medically examined, along with your case number, in order to complete the medical exam.
- If you suffer from a chronic illness, have been treated for any disease, or are under psychiatric care, you should present your medical file during examination.
- A passport valid for 6 months
- Completed visa application form, three (3) copies, properly filled out and signed
- Three photographs, recent
- Medical certificate
- Management of medical expenses
- Letter issued by the residential care home notice of agreement
- Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation and supporting resources for the duration of care.
- Step I Fill the application form
The first step is to visit the Egyptian Embassy in your country of origin and fill the application form for a medical visa. After submit a completed visa application form, you will need to sign up for and attend a visa interview. During the interview, you will be asked questions about your Medical trip to the Egypt.
- Step II Documentation
Before you apply you must ensure that you have documentary evidence to prove the urgency of you trip to Egypt. Purpose of travel must be to obtain urgent medical care, or to accompany an immediate family member or employer for urgent medical care.
But you must have undergo the medical examination at least ten days prior to your scheduled appointment at the Consulate. Failure to do so may result in processing delays.
If you are traveling with others, then everyone in the party will need to schedule a separate interview.
- Attach the following documents on your application form
- Essential documentation
- A letter from your doctor describing the medical condition and why you are seeking medical care in Egypt.
- A letter from the physician or hospital indicating that they are prepared to treat the case and providing the approximate cost of the treatment.
- Evidence of how you will pay for the cost of the treatment.
- Step III
- Visa Fees
Pay the visa application fee.
- Step IV.
Receive your Medical visa.
Upon full filling all the above requirements you will receive a Medical visa that is if the Egyptian Embassy approves your request then you will receive a call or an email alerting you to pick your visa from the embassy. Should the Egyptian Embassy deny your request for medical Visa, you will be notified by a written letter and the reason for denial.
Applicants who do not travel within the clearance period will need to restart the screening process again.
Ads by Google
(i) A letter from hospital/ Doctor recommending treatment in Egypt giving details of treatment
(ii) An invitation letter from the hospital in Egypt where applicant wishes to avail the treatment and
(iii) A copy of latest bank statement as proof of applicant’s financial capacity to incur expenditure for treatment.
Physical Examination: L.E. 120
Blood test for venereal disease: L.E. 65
Chest X-ray: L.E. 85
Tuberculin test (for children 2-14): L.E. 60
Renew TB test L.E. 80
All fees are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Validity of medical visa is for up to one year or duration of the treatment, whichever is less.
- The validity of your visa will be limited to the length of validity of the Medical test in your medical report.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Process take 5-7 days
- Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.