Egypt - Apply for a Fishing Permit / License
Fishing" means the catching, taking or harvesting of fish, attempted catching, taking or harvesting of fish and any other activity which can reasonably result in the catching, taking or harvesting of fish.
A person is required to obtain a valid fishing license prior to fishing in inland waters or transporting fish taken from inland waters. A person is required to keep his/her fishing license with him/her at all times while fishing or transporting fish and must exhibit their license for inspection by any warden, department employee, guide or landowner upon request.
No person in Egypt is allowed to export or import a live fish or any other aquatic animal without the permission of the Minister.
A person who contravenes a provision of subsection (1) of the fishing Act commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of EGP 5,000 or imprisonment for a term of five years or to both such fine and imprisonment and, in addition, the fish or aquatic animal shall be forfeited to the Government.
The Sea Fisheries Act Licence (Art. 23 of Act No. 124 of 1983)provide Regulations, made under section 13 of Fisheries act which state that every vessel intended for fishing to be registered with the Ministry of Transport and require vessels first to be licensed before they are transferred. They also require Specific requirements are set out for fishing vessels engaged in shrimp trawling.
- All Foreigners and Resident of Egypt with a Fishing pass or license are Eligible.
- Foreigner tourist must have a tourist visa.
Ads by Google
The person applying for Fishing permit in Egypt must apply in Person. The applicant must apply for fishing owner's licence in Egypt before involving in a fishing process. The applicant must obtain a Fishing pass.
- The Fishing licence,
- The Fishing equipment
- Information on special safari vehicles,
- Information on foods and drinks while in Fishing
- The transports and transfers during the Fishing period,
- Information on reception services at arrival and departure at the Airport as well as all taxes for the Government explorers going with the Fishing group.
- packing and shipment of the trophies.
(1)An application for a fishing licence under this Act is required to make it in a writing to the Commissioner in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the Commissioner and shall contain the following:
- (a)contain the particulars and description of the craft in respect of which the application is made;
- (b)state in sufficient details-
- (i) the method to be employed in fishing; and
- (ii) the area within which it is proposed that the craft is to be operated;
- (c)be accompanied by such fee as the Commissioner may prescribe.
(2) The Commissioner may, before considering an application require the applicant-
- (a) to satisfy him
- (i) that the craft is properly constructed and equipped.
- (ii) that the form and construction of the fishing nets, fishing gear and other equipment intended for use in fishing are adequate for the purpose of the fishing operation;
- (b) to supply such other information as he may require to enable him to reach a decision on the application.
- Issuance and validity of license
(1) The Commissioner shall issue to a successful applicant a licence for the craft subject to such conditions as he may deem necessary.
(2) A licence issued under this Act shall be valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
(3) Where the craft is to be operated in a body of water shared by two or more States, the owner or operator of the craft shall not be required to obtain more than one licence in a particular year.
(4) The holder of a licence under this Act shall, not later than one month before its expiration, apply to the Commissioner for a licence to take effect from the expiry of the current licence.
- Identification mark on fishing craft
(1) The owner or operator of a craft shall exhibit the registration number of the craft on both sides of the craft in bold letters with a prefix reflecting the State of registration.
(2) A person who fails to exhibit a registration number on his craft as required under subsection (1) of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of EGP250 or imprisonment for a term of three months or to both such fine and imprisonment.
Restriction on use of fishing gear, etc.
(1) No person shall fish with a gear constructed with net webbing of less than 76 millimeters except where the gear consists of-
- pelagic trawl nets used for freshwater sardines, that is, clupeids, which are used with outboard engines of not more than 25 horsepower capable of operating trawl net with three millimetres cod-end; or
- lift nets used for freshwater sardines constructed with three to five millimetres stretched mesh webbing.
(2) No single fishing unit shall operate with a single net or a combination of nets ex-ceeding 500 metres of three millimetres mesh size and above.
(3) A person who contravenes a provision of subsection (1) or (2) of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of EGP500 or imprisonment for a term of six months or to both such fine and imprisonment and, in addition, the net and catch shall be forfeited to the government of the State in which the offence was committee
Ads by Google
- A valid passport
- Fishing licence
- Craft details
- hunting pass
- hunting equipments Details.
Issuance of commercial fishing licences or permits is contingent upon the payment of a fee. Criteria to determine the amount of fees to be paid to the licensing authorities vary. They relate to the power of the vessel in Egypt.
A licence issued under this Act is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 3 months to Six Months.
- The National Authority of Fisheries
101 Kasr El Aini Street, Cairo
- General Authority For Fish Resources Development
Ministry Of Agriculture & Land Reclamation -
General Authority For Fish Resources Development
Address: 4 El tayaran St.، محافظة القاهرة، Misiri
Phone:+20 2 22603934
- Ministry of Agriculture and Land Cultivation
Dr. Adel Tawfik Elsayed ElBeltagy img
Address 1 Hunting Club st. Dokki - Giza
Phone no. 33372677 - 33372970
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.