Egypt - Apply for Visa on Arrival
On-arrival visa (also known as Entry Visa On Arrival, VOA), granted at a port of entry. This is distinct from not requiring a visa at all, as the visitor must still obtain the visa before they can even try to pass through immigration at the port of entry in Egypt.
Any visitor to Egypt who is stranded due unforeseen exceptional circumstances like disruption in air transport while on transit,for an emergency situation or under any other conditions can apply for a Entry visa on arrival.
Ads by Google
- Carry a genuine passport/travel document with validity beyond one year.
- On arrival fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival
- Comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information.
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission.
- A visitor pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder stay in the country for the period granted in the pass.
- Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs.
- Visitors should not overstay their visitors pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 50 per day and other appropriate legal action including prosecution and deportation.
- Engagement in employment on basis of visitors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders are prosecuted.
- Dependents must also apply in their own right.
- Entry should be made only through the country’s gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Egypt.
- Full name, address and contact details of applicant
- Sex and Age
- Purpose of visit
- Details of host
- Place of residence while in the country.
- Reach the airport;
- Fill in the application form;
- Present all the necessary documents;
- Make payment; and
- Get a visa
For visits of up to 30 days, you can get a visa on arrival by payment in Sterling, US Dollars or Euros; the visa fee is US$25 at approved bank kiosks within airport arrival halls, before reaching immigration counters.
There’s no need to buy a visa from an agent. In many cases agents will charge more than US$25 for a visa. If you’re harassed by an agent, report the incident to the tourist police in the airport terminal.
Alternatively you can get a visa from an Egyptian Consulate outside Egypt before you travel. If you’re entering Egypt for work or business it is preferable to get a visa before you travel.
Ads by Google
- Proof of identity
- Proof of the Air ticket
- Fees is USD 25-50 Us dollar
- Validity of Visa is up to 14 days
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The process takes about 3 days to an hour.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Mr. Nabil Fahmy img
Address Masbero-Kornish El Nile St.Cairo
Phone no. 25749817
- Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
5,000 Egyptian pounds is the maximum amount of local currency you are allowed to bring in or take out of Egypt. There is no limit to the amount of hard currency that you may bring in, but sums that exceed USD 10,000 should be declared on arrival. Certain valuables like electrical equipment, video cameras etc must be declared on arrival. Satellite phones and radio communications equipment brought into Egypt without prior clearance from the Ministry of Telecommunications are likely to be confiscated.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.