Egypt - Apply for Travel Insurance
Travel insurance covers medical expenses and financial losses while travelling, such as loss of luggage, non-refundable per-payments, trip cancellation fees, loss incurred as a result of bankruptcy of tour provider, theft of or damage to personal possessions including money, travel documents and passports, accidental death, and emergency evacuation/repatriation.
There are different types of travel insurance, such as business travel, leisure travel and adventure travel, each of which covers certain activities, conditions and countries. You are strongly advised to insure yourself against any possible risk and ensure that you are in possession of valid travel insurance for the entire duration of your tour, and that your insurance policy covers personal accidents, medical expenses and repatriation costs.
Usually the standard policy covers the following:
- Trip delay
- Trip interruption
- Trip cancellation
- Luggage delay
- Loss of luggage & personal effects
- Loss of sporting equipment
- Flight connections missed due to airline schedule
- Car rental collision coverage
- Security evacuation
- Emergency evacuation
- Medical care expenses
- Accidental death
- Repatriation costs
An foreigner wishing to travel Egypt must buy travel insurance to cover all their needs whilst traveling in Egypt.
Ads by Google
Any foreigner is strongly advised to insure his/her self against any possible risk and ensure that all his /her property are in possession of valid travel insurance for the entire duration of his/ her stay in Egypt.
- Visitors are required to provide biometric data in order to obtain travel insurance and then a visa to travel to Egypt.
- One completed visa application form.
- Four recent passport-size photos
- Visa authorization telex/invitation with reference number from Egypt or travel agent Proof that you are sponsored which will help to organize the issue of the Travelers insurance visa.
- You are required to get the application form from the insurance office nearest to you across the country, or even at the nearest Egyptian embassy or even consulate.
- Fill in the application form with all the detail information
- Along with the application form, submit all the necessary documents.
- Upon review and approval of the submitted documents, the responsible office will issue a payment draft which you will take to the bank and pay the required amount in addition to the bank charge
- This will be followed by presenting the bank receipts and upon verification of the payment, you will be told when to go and pick your Travel insurance certificate depending on the numbers of the days given.
Ads by Google
- Full name
- 3 recent, colored photographs of size 3x4 cm with white background and your name at the back of the photograph
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Valid identity proof
The cost of Travel insurance optional covers varies from one provider to another -- usually starting from around £20.
Valid For 1 year .
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Between seven (7) to ten (14) business days
- Ministry of Tourism
Mr Hisham Zaazou img
Address Cairo International Conference, Nasr City, Cairo
Phone no. 22611732
- Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.