Egypt - Apply for Private Visa
A visa is a form of permission or a pass for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in Egypt. A private visa is issued for private visits by invitation of residents of a given country.
Any person who wish to make a private visits by invitation of residents of the country.
Ads by Google
- Carry a genuine passport / travel document with validity beyond one year;
- On arrival, one are required to fill in arrival declaration cards and should comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information;
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission;
- A pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder’s stay in the country for the period granted;
- One should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs;
- Entry should be made only through the country’s gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- One must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Egypt.
- If you need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph), and you are applying on paper, please do not mail in your application. Submit your application in person to the visa application center (VAC) nearest you.
Original, signed passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity. Egyptian visa application form. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary. Full name and contact details of the Applicant applying for a visa; Sex Date of Birth Nationality Purpose of visit; Details and contact address of host where the applicant shall be staying in Egyptian.
- Visit any issuing office which may be embassy high commission or consulate office and get specific requirements for getting the private visa;
- Get the application form and fill it in accurately;
- Pay all application fees;
- Attach all the required documents;
- Submit your application to authorized offices in your country;
- After you send your application, it will be reviewed at the visa office to make sure it has been completed correctly and that it contains all the required documents.
- A visa officer will decide if an interview with you is necessary. If an interview is required, you will be notified of the time and place
- If your application is refused, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. (You will also receive an explanation why your application was refused and if you sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned).
- If your application is approved, your passport and documents will be returned to you with your visa.
Ads by Google
- Letter of Invitation. Original invitation issued in the applicant's name by the local Immigration Authorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Egypt where the sponsor permanently resides.
- Valid passport
- A visa cover letter;
- Payment slips
- An invitation letter
- A recent colored passport size photo with white background.
- Original, signed Egyptian passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid for 90 days
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Visa processing usually is done in 30 days, depending on the nature of agency
- Ministry of Tourism
Mr Hisham Zaazou img
Address Cairo International Conference, Nasr City, Cairo
Phone no. 22611732
- Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Mr. Nabil Fahmy img
Address Masbero-Kornish El Nile St.Cairo
Phone no. 25749817
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina -
P.O. Box 138 - Chatby,
Alexandria 21526, EGYPT
Phone: +(203) 4839999
General E-mail: email@example.com
- Check the List of all Egyptian Embassies in the world
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.