Egypt - Apply for Ordinary Resident Permit
- Residence permit in Egypt for Foreign Nationals is categorized in two parts one is
1.Temporary resident Permit granted for a period not exceeding 14 days 2.ordinary Resident Permit is granted to foreigner for 3years to 10 years. it is also categorized in two parts A.Special Residence permit for 10 years B.Temporary Resident Permit under permanent resident permit for 3 years
Egypt grants legitimate foreign nationals the right for temporary residence in the country. There are two main cases of resident permits in Egypt:
- Special Residence: is usually granted for a period of 10 years, renewable, and granted to those born in Egypt prior to 26/5/1952 or those having resided in the country for the 20 years preceding 26/5/1952, and whose stay has been uninterrupted; it is also granted to their wives and minor children.
- Visitors entering Egypt can be exempted from visa and granted a free residence permit for fourteen days to visit the area of their choice.
- Those in possession of a residence permit in Egypt are not required to obtain an Egyptian visa (entry visa) if they leave the country and return to it within the validity of their residence permit or within six months, whichever period is less.
- Entry visa are required of any visitors arriving in Egypt for purposes such as work, and study that are not related to tourism. This visa is also necessary for the completion of the residence procedure in Egypt.
Non-nationals are entitled to obtain temporary 3 year residence (renewable) in Egypt if they belong to any of the following categories:
1. Non-national husbands of Egyptians.
- Minor children entitled to special or ordinary residence in like manner to their dead father.
- Adult children whose father is entitled to special, ordinary or 3 year residence provided a source of income is available to them.
- Adult Palestinian male children of those employed by the Department for the Governor General of Gaza, or of those retired from there, who have completed their studies and are not working in the country.
3. Those employed by the government, public institutions, public sector companies and public business sector.
4. Palestinians employed by the Department for the Governor General of Gaza and those retired from there.
5. Palestinians have travel documents issued solely by Egyptian Authorities who have been resident in Egypt for a period of 10 years.
6. Non-nationals who receive a monthly pension from the National Authority for Insurance and Pensions.
7. Non-national residents of the elderly and disabled homes.
8. Political refugees.
9. Refugees registered at the UN Higher Commission for Refugees (UNHCR).
10. Spouses of those non-nationals entitled to special or ordinary residence.
11. Egyptian spouses who forfeited their nationality of origin following marriage to non-nationals and the acquisition of the latter's citizenship.
12. Spouses and children of those non-nationals exempt from residence permits and restrictions.
13. Non-nationals who, for any reason, waived their entitlement to special or ordinary residence.
14. Those non-nationals employed by the Swiss Institute for Architectural and Archeological Research in Egypt.
15. Non-nationals who, according to international treaties, are entitled to obtain 3 year residence.
16. Those granted approval on 3 year residence from the Ministry of Interior.
17. Spouses and children of those non-nationals entitled to 3 year residence under any of the previous cases.
Non-nationals are entitled to obtain temporary 5 year residence (renewable) in Egypt if they belong to any of the following categories:
2. Egyptians and their minor children who forfeited their nationality of origin due to their admission to a foreign citizenship.
A. Of Egyptian mother.
B. Whose father was granted Egyptian citizenship
C. Adult children whose mother is entitled to special, ordinary or 5 year residence in case of the death of the father.
4. Those of age 60 or more who have been resident in Egypt for 10 years provided that a source of income is available to them.
5. Non-nationals who, according to international treaties, are entitled to obtain 5 year residence.
6. Spouses and widows of Egyptians.
7. Spouses of those non-nationals entitled to ordinary residence.
8. Spouses and children of those non-nationals entitled to 5-year residence under any of the previous cases.
Ads by Google
- The Special Residence permit is granted for foreigners who have stayed in Egypt for a period of 10 years,but you must be born in Egypt prior to 26/5/1952
- Those having resided in the country for the 20 years preceding 26/5/1952, and whose stay has been uninterrupted;
- it is also granted to their wives and minor children if they fall in the above categories.
- A valid passport which at least has 6 month validity
- One Clear Coloured photo
- pplication letter to the passport ,Immigration and national Authority in the ministry of interior
- Completed application form
- Receipt of payment of LE 50 for Category a regular entry Visa.
- Police clearance in English or Arabic
- Signed CV of applicant
- The fist step is to send the actual passport at the embassy in your country of origin.
- The passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining before expiration and has at least one complete blank visa page for the visa stamp.
- Note: The following passport page 22, 23, and 24 are not visa pages and are not acceptable in Egypt for purpose of Visa .
- If your passport doesn't meet the requirement it will be rejected.
- The next step is to completely fill-out and sign Egypt resident application form.
- two forms per applicant is required in English and Arabic language.
Attach a support Letter from your home country address to "Consulate of Egypt " explaining the purpose of the trip, guaranteeing financial support for you while in Egypt. The letter should explain what business you plan to be undertaking in Egypt. This is very import because it will show that you financially stable to begin a viable business in Egypt. After completing fill-out visa form you can sign and submit with all the attachment documents
Ads by Google
- Egypt Entry Visa requires a valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining; 1 visa application form.
- You must provide one 2"x2" passport type photo.
- A Letter from your home address to "Embassy of Egypt " explaining the purpose of the trip, guaranteeing financial support for you while in Egypt.
- Pay a Consulate Fee
fees required 50Ep
Ordinary Residence permit: is granted for a period of either 3 or 20 years.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
the processing time takes 3 Months.
Ministry of Interior affairs
Major General Major General Mohamed Ahmed Ibrahim Mohamed Mostafaimg
Address El Sheikh Rihan St.Cairo , Postal Code 11641
Phone no. 27948300 - 27959111 - 27952300
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Mr. Nabil Fahmyimg
Address Masbero-Kornish El Nile St.Cairo
Phone no. 25749817
Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshryimg
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Owning a property in Egypt does not automatically grant residency, however this is a formality if you own a property.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.