Egypt - Apply for Laissez-Passer
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants must go to the Consulate who has jurisdiction in the area.
- Fill in the application form and submit along with all other required documents to the Consulate.
- Apply for the Laissez passer pass
- The Consulate will send your request to Egypt for approval by the General Directorate of Immigration.
- Submit the required documents and cancel the value of the document.
- A duly completed application form;
- A proof of an Egyptian citizenship (e.g. original birth certificate);
- Two current picture size 3x4 cm and
- Laissez-passer fee: $73.00 CAD
- Permanent Resident card.
- A self addressed Express Prepaid return envelope must be attached when an application is submitted by mail.
- All fees should be paid by money order or certified check made payable to the Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt. Please make sure that the fee is exact amount in required currency.
- For children
- Parent Identity card
- Photocopy of valid identity card on both sides. In case of a minor must present a birth certificate.
- 2 colored photos, passport size.
- Consular stamps.
- national identity card (valid and in good condition)
- Paying rights
- Certificate of validity of the permanent residence granted by immigration
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Mr. Nabil Fahmyimg
Address Masbero-Kornish El Nile St.Cairo
Phone no. 25749817
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
Mr. Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour img
Address 2 Latin America St. Garden City .Cairo
Phone no. 27921193 - 27921194
- Ministry of Finance
Mr. Hany Kadry img
Address Nasr City
Phone no. 23428886 - 23428010 - 23428830
Fax 26861680 - 2686181
- Ministry of International Cooperation
Dr. Ashraf ElAraby img
Address 8 Adly St., Cairo
Phone no. 23910008-23935147-23908819
- List of Egyptian Embassies in the world check here http://www.bibalex.org/bva08/Home/StaticPage.aspx?page=35&m=4
It can be requested by any Egyptian parent citizens who have permanent residence in the country.
Application forms are available free of charge from the Embassy
Laissez-passer processing fees: $73.00
The validity depends on the travel plans, but never exceeds two years or the child's fifth birthday.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing is for one week.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- All Laissez Passer and Border Crossing Passes shall be issued pursuant to provisions of Article II.
- Applicants need not apply in person.
- This document is for a single journey to Egypt and the bearer is required to obtain a valid passport when is in Egypt through the Passport Office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Egypt.
- Full name
- Place and Date of birth
- Valid identity proof
- Present Address
- Telephone number
- Maiden names for married women
- Husbands full name in case of married women
- Date and place of marriage
- Emergency contact person.
Need for the Document
The laissez-passer is a large white single sheet of paper folded in half Issued for children under the age of five years in Egypt.
Laissez-passer is issued to an Egyptian who is not holding a passport and going back to Egypt.This document remains valid up to six months. Laissez-passer is also document that, under an agreement between Egypt , allows Children under the age of five years passport-free travel to other countries. The Safe Conduct is valid for 2 years and is granted only by the Ministry of manpower and Office of immigration in Egypt. Applicants that need Laissez passer clearance document from the embassies, prior to issuing their visas need to apply 4-6 weeks, before intended date of travel.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.