Egypt - Apply for Employment in Public Service commission
The Public Service Commission is a Constitutional body established under the Constitution of Egypt. This is the body created under the Constitution of EGYPT to ensure that the Public Servants are monitored,to "review the structure, remuneration and superannuation arrangements of the Civil Services. Also to advise on the appointment of candidates to posts in the Civil Service in cases where the approval of the Secretary of State was not required.
Egypt has the fourth largest economy in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region and has implemented economic reforms since 2004 which have led to some economic growth (e.g. a fast growing technology sector and the country has been recognized as one of the top off shoring destinations for international companies). However, Egypt’s economic development has been undermined by a number of factors. Despite the fact that the overall employment rate in the country rose from 42 % to 48 % of the working -age population between 1998 and 2006, the country has been struggling with structural unemployment especially among its women and youth.
For one to apply, you must be a having the requirements and a permanent citizen of Egypt.
Ads by Google
- One can apply for a job only when the commission has advertised vacant posts.
- Serving officers should first register their personal profiles on the commission’s website before *Making the application for a job online.
- Only those candidates that have been shortlisted and are successful will be contacted.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their original Identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials during interviews.
- Serving officers will be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post before the interview.
2. Date of birth
3. Identification number
5. Telephone, mobile and email address
6. Name and telephone of alternative contact person
7. Personal references and their information
8. All former employment details
9. All academic/ technical or professional qualification information
1.Pick an application from the commission House in Cairo.
2. Fill the application form
3. Send the application form either: a) By post to: The Commission Secretary,. b) By courier services, or c) By hand delivery to the Commission House in Cairo
1.To receive announcements for vacant posts in the Egyptians government send: govjob or 10 to 9999 from any Vodafone number (SMS rate: 50 pts).
- Daily cost is 30 piasters to be paid per day when receiving the first short message for the job announcement every day.
2. Go to the Public Service Commission of Egypt or send an SMS using Your phone to 9999 from any Vodafone number. All the advertised posts that you had applied for and the status of your application will be sent to you via an SMs.
Ads by Google
2. Original academic and professional certificates
4. Letter of invitation to the interview
This process is free
Prospective applicants have 30 days to respond to the advertisement. Any submissions thereafter are invalid and therefore rejected.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates are conducted 3 months after the date of advertisement of the vacant post.
DR. Nahed ElAshry
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The level of unemployment could be reduced in Egypt if further investments are made in market mechanisms and institutions that effectively link labor supply to demand, such as public employment services.
- Employment services encompass all measures aimed at enhancing job search efficiency, such as providing information on job vacancies, assisting in matching workers to jobs, career counseling, and assessment and testing to determine job readiness.
- Although there is room for improvement, it should be recognized that close to 50% of all workers in Egypt claim to have obtained employment through some labor inter mediation mechanism – either through public labor offices from the Ministry of Manpower and Migration (MoMM) or through private providers.
- A rapidly growing labor force at a rate faster than the population growth rate and a relatively low GDP growth rate.
- Mismatch between labor market requirements and educational output.
- Insufficient job creation in the formal sector and productive sectors.
- Demand/ Supply Imbalances.
- The training -productivity problem in an outward oriented economy.
- High unemployment rate and persistent under-employment
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.