Egypt - Apply for Biometric Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
When you apply for a Biometric passport, you must submit the following. Read carefully all the instructions in this procedure and other guidelines on the Egyptian Immigration portal website before you send your application.
1. Fully completed and signed passport application form in two original signed copies (not photocopy).
- The application form must be filled in fully, legibly and accurately both in Arabic and English. (Preferably filled in Blue ink, it can be in hand or computer writer).
- Applicants must write their full name (three names: - your Name, your Father and your Grand Father name) in the provided space on application form separately.
- Applicants must answer each and every question on the application form.
- Birth date must be written in both Arabic and English.
- Gather all of the necessary and supplementary documents according the checklist.
- Any document not in English or Amharic must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Photocopy all original documents.
- If it is possible, printout the Passport Application form and the other application forms, to use as a working copy.
- Read the instruction guide before starting to fill the application form and send your application to the Embassy.
All applicants are advised to submit their application at least 2 to 3 months ahead of their planned travel date or prior to applying for any other services that requires a valid passport.
2. Applicant must provide document given from Egypt to confirm their nationality.
- Previous passport,
- Birth certificate,
- Driving license,
- Personal ID card or other documents.
3.Registration paper attesting your nationality from the registration office of your province of residence,
- a paper from Police or Ministry of manpowerand Immigration Authority from . You can see samples of these registration papers on our website
4. Police clearance or police report ((only for application presented in replacement for lost passport.)
5.Fingerprint you are advise to come to the Embassy in person to give in your fingerprints.
- Provide four passport photographs of you and each applying family member applying for passport.
- Taken in the past 6 months.
- Write your full name on the back of all photographs
7.Pay the processing fee Ensure that you have paid the correct fee.
8.The passport division of the Embassy will review the application to make sure that it is complete.
you can Follow up information regarding the status of your application and this can be forwarded through email. For this reason, it is a must to include your email address or your contact persons email address in all the provided spaces and in all of the application forms.
Your application may be delayed, returned or refused if it dose not accompany all the requested information, documents and fees.
- How to Apply Online
To apply online, visit the home page of Egypt Immigration Portal.
- Follow the instructions.
- Complete the application form.
- Payment can be done after your application. It is done electronically.
- Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your (USPS) money order details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow 1-2 business days for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from SW Global LLC.
The Payment Confirmation Slip will contain an interview date, every applicant must attend and bring this document in person on the given interview date between 10am 1pm (Monday-Friday).
- Guarantor's form duly signed by a commissioner of oaths plus
- Photocopy of (a) Data page of guarantor's passport and
- Photocopy of National identity card
- Drivers License
- Father's Letter of content for minors under 16years (Mother's letter of consent in case of deceased father)
- Marriage Certificate where applicable
- Husband's consent letter or Letter of introduction for employee of government or corporate organization
- Court affidavit and police report in case of lost passport.
- Birth Certificate or Age declaration
- Letter of identification from Local Government of origin or residence
- One(1) passport photograph
- Acknowledgement slip and receipt of payment
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Mr.Nabil Fahmy img
Address Masbero-Kornish El Nile St.Cairo
Phone no. 25749817
All Egyptian by birth, naturalization and registration are eligible to apply for a Biometric- passport
The fee for Egyptian Passport is $55.00 .
All Biometric Egyptian passports have a life span of 10 years and has an initial validity of 5 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 2 to 3 months to process a passport application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
An Egyptian is not allowed to hold a multiple standard passport.
1. Full name and address of applicant
2.Place and date of birth
3.Sex of applicant
4.Details of duties assigned to the applicant
5.Date of commencement of duties
6.Duration of appointment
7.Expiration of appointment
8.Foreign country in which the applicant shall be carrying out the assigned duties
Need for the Document
An ePassport is also known as a biometric passport. It looks like a traditional passport book, but it contains an electronic chip that is encoded with the same information. The chip holds the same information that is printed on the passport's data page: the holder's name, date of birth, and other biographic information. An e-Passport also contains a biometric identifier. The Egyptian Government requires that the chip contain a digital photograph of the holder. All e-Passports issued by Visa Migration department in different countries and the United States have security features to prevent the unauthorized reading or "skimming" of data stored on the e-Passport chip.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.