Egypt - Apply for Animal Registration Permit
The animal registration certificate grants permission to transport live animals and animal products across sub-counties and districts. The permit is issued by the district veterinary officers (DVOs) to confirm that the animals are not stolen and that they are in good health.
You should be a Traders in animals and animal products.
Ads by Google
- The animal registration certificate is issued by the district Veterinary officer after inspecting the animals.
- The person transporting animals shall pay all the necessary fees before transporting the animals.
- The veterinary officer has the right to deny a certificate if the person transporting the animals does not fulfill all necessary requirements.
- Name of person to whom permission to transport animals is granted
- Purpose for which the animals are transported
- Where the animals are transported from and their destination
- Number of days for transportation of the animals
- Period within which the animals will be slaughtered
- The person intending to transport the animals writes to the district veterinary officer requesting for permission to inspect the animals.
- The person fills a form for transporting animals from one district to another.
- The person then pays the required fees for inspection.
- The district veterinary officer then schedules for inspection of the animals and animal products.
- Upon satisfaction the district veterinary officer then issues an animal registration permit
- Name and Address of the consignor
- Name and Address of the consignee
- Identification of the cattle
- Animal Health Certificate
- Test requirement done by a qualified Doctor.
- Other Veterinary Treatment and inspection.
- Endorsement by accredited veterinary officer
- Regulations for exporting and importing animals in Egypt must be accompanied by a valid government veterinary good health certificate issued at the point of origin valid at least 2 week from date of issue.
- If you are bringing a species that is endangered with you to Egypt, you will be required to have *Export Permit from your country of origin.
- You will also need Import permit issued by the Egypt Nature Conservation Department for the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild and International Animal Export Regulations.
The following protocols for exporting animals to Egypt are available through the International Regulations Retrieval System (IRRS).
- Cattle - http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/eg_b_hc.pdf
- Feeder Cattle - http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/eg_fe_ct.pdf
- Slaughter Cattle- http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/eg_slaughter_cattle_hc.pdf
- Bovine semen -http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/eg_bo_se.pdf
Pets Cats and dogs must be accompanied by a valid government veterinary good health certificate issued at the point of origin (validity means 2 week from date of issue).
- This certificate does not exempt the pets from examination by an Egyptian Ministry of Agriculture doctor on arrival.
- If disease is suspected, quarantine will last no longer than 15 days.
- In the case of a quarantine period, the owner will be charged for the care and feeding of the animal.
- Cats and dogs must be accompanied by a valid Government veterinarian good health certificate issued at point of origin (validity two weeks from date of issue).
- This certificate does not exempt the pets from Egyptian Ministry of Agriculture Doctor examination on arrival.
- Quarantine in case of suspicion will be maximum 15 days (charges EGP 1.50 excl. food).
- For species not listed, the requirements are not known.
- However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IRRS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry.
- This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.
Ads by Google
If the animal is to be imported into the Country.
- Import paperwork if the animal are to be imported
- Health certificate.This should be completed by your veterinarian within 10 days of your travel to Egypt.
- Valid Rabies Vaccination Certificate
- Animal Import Permit
If the Animal is from One region within the Country.
- Identification document
- Proof of payment for the animals/authorization from the owner of the animals
- Application form for movement permit
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process takes 3 months
Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation
Dr. Ayman Farid Abou Hadeed img
Address 1 Hunting Club st. Dokki - Giza
Phone no. 33372677 - 33372970
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.