Ecuador - Register Marriage with Foreigner
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain all necessary documents.
- Registration of marriage may be performed in any Head of Civil Registry and Identification.
- Certificate of Citizenship of the spouses (Original and Copy legible).
- Certificate of Vote of the parties (Original and Copy legible).
- The presence of two competent witnesses, who must present ID or identification and voting certificate (original and photocopy).
- Birth certificate of the country of origin duly apostilled, if applicable translated and apostilled.
- Certificate of marital status of the country of origin translated and apostilled.
- Migrant Movement updated
- Passport with valid visa in category 12 X, etc..
- If the foreign person has divorced marital status must present marriage certificate and divorce decree duly legalized or apostilled. In the country of origin.
- In the event that there is no embassy or consulate or diplomatic representative of the country of origin accredited in Ecuador, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in this regard certified, so the foreign spouse must make a sworn statement before the competent authority which indicate their marital status, nationality, full name of the father and mother born.
Office Locations & Contacts
Av Amazonas N37-61 and the United Nations
Bldg Corner PB Provisora
??Quito - Ecuador
Phone: 593-2 228 8855
All non-resident alien must stay in Ecuador for 75 consecutive days before marriage.
- Venue Marriage Cost: 50.00 (Includes 2 certificates of the spouses)
- Marriage Outside Headquarters: 250.00 (Includes 2 certificates of the spouses)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Marriage is a legal contract binding two people together, granting them rights and obligations.
Following are procedures on how to register marriage where one party is a foreigner.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.