Ecuador - Register Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The birth is registered with the local civil registry office.
- The original birth record (Statistics of Live Birth) must be submitted. Applicants must be ready to present their valid identification. Additional documents that will need to be presented by the applicants:
- Authorization letter: in case the application is to be submitted by another person on behalf of the parents.
- Proof that the child's parents are together: marriage certificate or affidavit granted by the competent authority stating that the couple is in a de facto union.
- The child's parents must apply for the procedure in person if they are not married.
Note: For late birth registration, additional documents must be presented and the process is different from births registered on time. It will be good to contact your local civil registry to know more information.
If you are outside Ecuador:
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest embassy of Ecuador in the country you are currently staying. When you call the Embassy, ask them what documents will they require you to submit to register a child's birth with Ecuador's Civil Registry Office.
Submit your application together with all required documents to the consular service section of the Embassy.
For births registered on time:
- Original birth record (Statistics of Live Birth)
- Original identification of the child's parents (Example: identity card, passport)
- Special Power and identification of the applicant for registration, if not made by parents.
- Affidavit, sentence given by the judge formalized the union or affidavit granted by the competent authority if they had de facto union with each other, in accordance with Art. 222 of the Civil Code.
Office Locations & Contacts
Av. Amazonas N37-61
y Naciones Unidas
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Timely birth registration (up to 30 days old): $ 0.00
- Late birth registration (up to 5 years): $ 0.00
- Late birth registration (18 and over): $ 5.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how births are registered in Ecuador.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.