Denmark - Obtain a Category C (Large Truck) Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying for the license
- To obtain a Category C drivers license you must at least:
- For Category C1, Class C, D1 or Category D: Attend at least a minimum of 16 lessons in the theory room (theoretical subjects) and at least 18 lessons in practical driving lessons (practice run) in accordance with the curriculum of driver training for categories C1, C, D1 or D , cf. 3. Each lesson would normally last for about 45 minutes.
- For Category C / E: At least 13 lessons in the theory room (theoretical subjects) and at least 18 lessons in practical driving lessons (practice run) in accordance with the curriculum of driver training for category C / E.
- The applicant must complete at least 4 lessons, minimum of 45 minutes of maneuvering at the driving center during driving lessons for category C1, C, D1, D and C / E.
- Application for a license may be submitted to one of the country's municipalities. List of different municipalities in Denmark
- Submit your application along with all other required documents.
Approval of your driving licenses application
Basically, it is the municipality that makes decisions regarding the driving license, including the conditions for its issuance. It is also the municipality that fixes driving tests and require payment. The Police holds driving tests and decides in some cases, on whether you qualify for a license or not. Use the contact information below to obtain more information, inquire about the procedure or if you want to appeal a decision made by the police or the local authority.
Appealing a Decision
It is the National Police, who handles appeals regarding decisions on the issuance of drivers license by the local authorities or by the police. If you want to appeal a decision, please send your complaint to the police or the municipality who issued the decision. The police or the local authority will then forward your complaint to the National Police.
Deadline: Four weeks from the day the decision was announced by the local authority or the police.
Processing time: Your appeal may be processed in 60 days from the date when all necessary information were gathered. Some cases may require a longer processing time, for example if the case is particularly complex or the National Police is processing a large a amount of complaints at that time.
To prove your identity, you must bring your any previously issued license of the EU model or your valid passport. If you do not have any of those, you can bring your original baptism, name or birth certificate, health card or other suitable identification document specially those that have a photo of you. Documents showing proof of your identity must be issued by a public authority
If you got an identification document but your birth date or birth place is not clearly stated in the document, you will need to providea certificate of identity where your birth date and birthplace clearly stated.
In case your full and used name does not appear in your identification papers, you may be asked to provide proof of the name change by producing a marriage certificate, a certificate of name or documentation for the marriage authority or the population register.
Other documents that you may be asked to submit:
- Photographs sample
- Medical certificate issued by your own doctor (except applications for small moped)
- Certificate of completion of the course in traffic-related first aid (except for applications for licenses for small moped, if you are 18 years or older).
- A residence permit if you are not Danish or Nordic citizen, and you can not legally reside in Denmark without permission.
Note: Local authorities may also ask you to provide additional documentation. This may, for example. happen if the local authority considers that it is necessary to prove that you live in Denmark. In addition, you may also be asked to provide supporting documentation, for example regarding your health conditions.
Office Locations & Contacts
Road Safety Council
Lers Avenue 111
Phone: 3916 3939
Fax: 3916 3940
Driving licenses are issued to individuals who normally resides in Denmark (that is for at least 185 days in each calendar year, due to personal or professional ties), or persons who can provide proof of having lived in Denmark for at least 6 months as a student.
Any person whose license is restricted, suspended or revoked in another EU or EEA country may not be able to obtain a driver's license.
Category C and Category C / E licenses may be issued to individuals who are 21 years of age.
A Category C license may also be obtain by those aged 18 years old if:
- Acquisition of the license is part of the qualification program following the rules and regulations on qualification requirements for certain drivers of vehicles on the road. Until the holder reach the age of 21, the license will only entitle its holder to drive vehicles in accordance with the executive order on qualification requirements for certain drivers of vehicles on the road.
- The applicant is employed, enlisted or a volunteer in defense, the Home Guard, the national emergency services or the police. Until the holder reaches the age of 21, the license only entitles its holder permission to drive vehicles while fulfilling their duties.
- The applicant is a mechanic or the like, or the license is intended for training as a mechanic or the like. Until the age of 21, the license only entitled to drive vehicles checked in for repair or maintenance.
Category C / E license may also be issued from the age of 18 years if:
- The acquisition of the license is part of the qualification program following the rules and regulations on qualification requirements for certain drivers of vehicles on the road. Until the holder reach the age of 21, the license will only entitle its holder to drive vehicles in accordance with the executive order on qualification requirements for certain drivers of vehicles on the road, or
- The applicant is employed, enlisted or a volunteer in defense, the Home Guard or the national emergency services. Until the holder reaches the age of 21, the license only entitles its holder permission to drive vehicles while fulfilling their duties.
Category C licenses can only be issued to applicants who already acquired a category B license. While categories C / E licenses are only issued to drivers possesing a category C license.
Driving Tests Fees:
- Driving test (theory test and practical test): DKK 600
- Practical test for large motorcycles and regular car with large trailer: DKK 280
- Driving test pursuant to a conditional suspension, an unconditional withdrawal or a driving ban: DKK 890
- Driving licenses for persons authorized to drive in one or more categories, which have had to hand over their temporary license or permanently lost the right to drive small moped: DKK 120
- Driving licenses in connection with recovery of the right without requiring driving test in cases where the person was under 18 at the time of the offense, and have been unconditionally withdrawn one driving license which was acquired before decision time (deferral disqualification): 120 DKK
Category C driving licenses are normally valid for a period of 5 years. Validity of the driver's license may be shorter than five years depending on your age and your health situation.
If at the time of issue of the license you are aged between 65 and 70 years old the license will be valid for five years. For those older than 70 years old when the license was issued, its validity will be as follows:
- For those aged between 70 - 71 years old: 4 years
- For those aged between 71 - 72 years old: 3 years
- For those aged between 72 - 80 years old: 2 years
- For those over the age of 80: 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Driving licenses in Denmark enables its holder to operate several vehicles belonging to different categories, one of them is a Category C license for large trucks which entitles its holder to drive:
- Trucks with a gross vehicle weight of over 3,500 kg.
- Passenger cars designed to carry more than eight passengers in addition to the driver and with a maximum authorized weight of over 3,500 kg.
- Combination consisting of a truck as mentioned in paragraph 1 or a passenger referred to in paragraph 2 and a trailer with a gross vehicle weight not exceeding 750 kg.
- Motorized trailers.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.