Cyprus - Renunciation / Deprivation of Cypriot Citizenship
Cypriot citizenship may be renounced by a Cypriot citizen, who acquired the citizenship through Naturalization or Registration, if it is proved that the Registration or Naturalization was obtained by fraud, false pretensions or concealment of crucial facts. The decision for deprivation of citizenship is taken by the Council of Ministers.
Following are procedures on how to renounce cypriot citizenship.
- Cypriot citizen and also holds citizenship from another country
- 18 years old, full mental ability
Ads by Google
Applications for the acquisition or renunciation of Cypriot citizenship are submitted at the Civil Registry and Migration Department, the District Administration Offices and the diplomatic missions of the Republic (embassies and consulates). Subsequently, all the applications are processed by the Citizenship Section of the Civil Registry and Migration Department.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Fill in the M130 Form.
- Submit form along with all the required documents and pay all necessary fees.
Ads by Google
- Photocopy Identity Card
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport and/or certificate of acquisition of citizenship of a foreign country which he/she also holds citizenship
- Photocopy of receipt for the amount of 30 euros paid as fees
- Photocopy of certificate of registration/naturalization of the applicant as a Cypriot citizen.
- The application should be submitted in duplicate signed by a consular officer and one of the two application forms should bear a stamp of 8.54 euros.
- Application Fee: 30 euros
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Tel: 22804400, 22804511, 22804425
Other CRMD Numbers
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Renunciation / Deprivation of Cypriot Citizenship:
More information which might help people.