Cyprus - Obtain Displaced Person (Refugee) Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The application for the displaced person card or the refugee card should be made at the Civil Registry section. Following link provides information related to Civil Registry and Migration Department which can help you out in contacting the respective authorities : Civil Registry and Migration Department Contact Information
- Please make sure you have all the necessary documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Application forms to be used can be obtained from the following link : Application Form
- For more information you can use the following contacts:
- Tel. 22804523
In the case of applications for issue of a Refugee Identity Card for the first time (NEW) the applicant should submit the following:
- A completed relevant application form.
- Marriage/Engagement to Marry Certificate/a newspaper notice about a promise to marry.
- Birth Certificate
- Parents Refugee Identity Cards
- Parents Number of Identity Cards.
For the issue/replacement of a Refugee Identity Card which has a check seal with the date 1/1/1983 and afterwards, the following are required:
- A completed relevant application form.
- The numbers of the Identity Cards of all the members of the family
- Birth Certificates of children.
When the displaced person who is already a holder of a refugee Identity Card has more children after the issue of his Refugee Identity Card, he can submit an application for inclusion of the names of the children in the Refugee Identity Card.
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides information related to Civil Registry and Migration Department which can help you out in contacting the respective authorities : Civil Registry and Migration Department Contact Information
- Those who before and until the invasion had their usual residence in any Turkish - occupied area.
- Those who before and until the invasion had their permanent residence in the free areas because of their profession but their house and/or their property in general was in the occupied areas.
- Those who before and until the invasion had their temporary residence abroad due to an obligation which emanated from a permanent appointment or an appointment on contract offered them while they resided in Cyprus and provided they were not emigrants.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Application forms to be used can be obtained from the following link : Application Form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a displaced person card or a refugee card in Cyprus. The Refugee Identity Card is issued to displaced persons.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.