Cyprus - Lost Passport
In case of loss, a person can request for a replacement passport as long as he can produce the necessary documents.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
1. Prepare the necessary requirements.
2. Within the framework of decentralization implemented by the Ministry of Interior, applications are submitted at the local District Administration authorized specifically for this purpose and in the local Citizen Service Centers.
3. Applications of Cypriots living abroad are submitted at the Embassies/Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad and then are forwarded to the Civil Registry and Migration Department where the passports are issued.
Ads by Google
1. Request for replacement
2. Confirmation from the police or consular authority that a statement was filed by the claimant for lost of passport.
3. Affidavit for the circumstances of loss of passport.
The fees are paid in cash with the application and issue of receipt, as follows:
Temporary Passport € 20
Passports without biometric data (for Embassies / Consulates that have not yet installed stations to capture biometric data) € 50
Biometric passports € 70
Passport for a limited period (for minors) € 45
Diplomatic Passport €70
Service Passport € 70
Passport to political refugees € 90
Passports with biometric data (fast version) € 120
In the occasion of first, second, third, and so on, loss/wear/theft, charges would be twice the previous issue.
The validity of the biometric passports is 10 years for adults and ten years for minors.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Civil Registry and Migration Department Website
More information which might help people.