Cyprus - Guidance To Apply Student Loan
Designed to help students pay for university/college tuition, books, and living expenses, student loan differs from other types of loans with its interest rate substantially lower and repayment of the loan may be deferred while the student is still in school.
Some banks offers this specific type of loan to their customers. A student loan can also be obtained through a government student loan program, this may not be the case in all countries so it will be better to check first.
Following is a guide on how students can apply for a loan or seek financial aid in Cyprus.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Student Loans in Cyprus - Banks
Some banks in Cyprus offers loans specifically to students to help cover the cost of postgraduate studies or the first four/five years of studies in a university in Cyprus or abroad or courses to be taken at a tertiary education school.
Get in touch with a bank representative to inquire if they offer this type of loan.
Student loans can come with or without collateral. If a bank needs a collateral it may be in these forms:
- Personal guarantees
- Assignment of life insurance policies
- Blockage of deposit accounts
- Mortgaging property
Some banks will determine the interest rate for the loan with the collateral provided.
Note: Interest rates varies, whenever the general interest rate changes, your loan installment will change.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Applying for a Student Loan - Banks
- In reviewing loan applications, banks will usually take into consideration the applicant's character, capacity to repay the loan and ability to comply with the bank's conditions. To help them evaluate your application, they might ask you to present some form of identification or evidence that you are currently enrolled in an educational institution.
- For banks to know how much you will need to borrow, they will need a computation of your tuition fees, accomodation fees if there's any, school materials etc. Banks may also ask you to provide information about your income/parent's income.
- Some banks may require you to present a guarantor to co-sign the loan agreement. Requirements for guarantors are usually someone of good standing, professional and with fix monthly income.
- Search online for banks that offers student loans in Cyprus. Get in touch with the bank to inquire about their application process and which documents do they require their applicants to submit. Make sure you can present and submit all the required documents that the bank is asking for.
- Check if you can start your application online. Some banks will ask applicants to complete a preliminary application online. After reviewing the application, a bank representative will contact the applicant to tell them where can they submit their application and what documents will they need to produce.
- Before you apply for a loan, carefully take note of the interest rate, conditions and repayment scheme that the bank is offering. Look into several banks and do some research regarding the banks application process. One thing that you also need to consider in choosing where to apply for a student loan is the bank's customer service, since this type of loan can take years of continuous correspondence between you and your bank, it will be much better if your bank has a good and accommodating customer service, this will save you from a lot of stress in the future.
- You may not need to accept the entire loan amount the bank is offering you. Since you will be paying back the loan sometime in the future, it will be more ideal if you will only borrow what you need.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Banks: Some student loans obtained from a bank can take about 10 to 20 years to completely repaid.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Please list down the office locations that can be approached for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.