Cyprus - Convert or Transfer Your Foreign Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
1. Fill up the necessary form.
2. Applicants along with all relevant documents must go in person to the District Office Exam Guide for the relevant review and approval of the conversion.
3. The applicant must contact the Head or District Offices of Tom who will issue the license.
1. Application for license learner driver (TOM 7B)
2. Two recent photographs sized 40CH35 mm
3. Identification Card (for Cypriot Returnees or Certificate of Alien Registration for foreigners - original and one photocopy)
4. Passport (original and a photocopy of the first page with the details of the applicants)
5. Translation of foreign driving license unless it is in English or Greek language. Translations must be done by the Press and Information Office or the Embassy of the country that issued the foreign driving license (original and a photocopy).
6. Health Certificate, in case the applicant is aged 70 or over or driving license of the applicant are for motor vehicle categories C, C + E, D + E, C1, C1 + E, D1, D1 + E.
To download forms, simply follow link below:
Office Locations & Contacts
Road Transport Department,
King Paul 27, 2412 Egkomi
Tel: 35722807000, Fax.: 35722354030
To find the nearest service centre to you, follow the link:
Countries whose permits are recognized as equivalent to the Cypriot License, all EU and those included in the notification. Holders of driving licenses from countries included in the notification are obliged to exchange their driving license after a six-month stay in Cyprus. In the case of holders of driving licenses from Member States of the European Union they may decide whether to exchange their driving license after a six-month stay in Cyprus.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following Directive 91/439/EC, types of licenses being issued in Cyprus are harmonized with those issued in other European Nations. The conversion of foreign driving license happens when a driving license issued abroad is converted to those being issued in Cyprus provided the foreign driving license is an equivalent to those issued in the country.
Information which might help
Conversion of foreign driving license in Cyprus is governed by the Driving License Law of 2001 and recent amendments.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Road Transport Department
Web Based System for the Road Transport Department
Republic of Cyprus Website
More information which might help people.