Cyprus - Change Name of Person Born Abroad
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a name change submit all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Letter requesting the change and explaining the reasons for the change
- Affidavit before a Registrar of a Cypriot Court on a designated form:
- If the requested name and/ or surname change is for a minor the Affidavit needs to be signed by both parents, unless the sole parental care was granted to one parent by a court order. In this case a photocopy of the relevant court order should be attached
- Original Certificate of Cypriot nationality or original Consular Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of receipt for the amount of 80 euros paid as fees.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Tel: 22804400, 22804511, 22804425
Administrative Officer (Civil Registry)
Contact Number: 22804488
- Cypriot Citizens
- Application Fee: 80 EUR
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The application for the change name/surname change can be submitted by individuals, who are Cypriot citizens.
Following are procedures on how to apply for change of name of persons born abroad.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Change of Name for Person of Cypriot Origin Born Abroad:
More information which might help people.