Cyprus - Apply for a Normal Driving License
A driver, like anywhere in the world must be in possession of a driving license before he will be allowed to drive around.
If you're 20 years old you can apply for category A2 provided that they have a driving license of category A1 for at least two years.
- If you are 22 years old you can apply for category A provided that they have a driving license of category A2 for at least two years.
- To request for categories C1, C, D1 and D must possess driving license category B.
- To request for categories B + E, C1 + E, C + E, D1 + E and D + E must possess a driving license of category B, C1, C, D1 and D, respectively.
- Driving license for category C1 + E, C + E, D1 + E, D + E shall be valid for driving vehicles Category B + E.
- Driving license for category C + E applies for category D + E, provided that the holder also holds a driving license for category D.
- Driving license for categories A1, A2, A true driving category AM.
- Driving license for category A2 applies to vehicles of category A1 and IT.
- Driving license for category A applies to vehicles of category A1 A2 and AM, for Category B applies to vehicles of category B1, for category C applies to vehicles of category C1 and category D applies to vehicles of category D1
- Driving license for category C + E or D + E applies driving category C1 + E or D1 + E respectively.
- Driving license for category C applies to drivers of vehicles in category B and the specific categories H, I, G and S.
- Driving license for category D1 applies for driving vehicles in category B and the specific category S.
- Driving license valid for any category or specific category for non-motorized vehicle, valid for the specific category IB for the corresponding vehicle.
For details about different license categories, follow link:
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Applicants must first fill up the necessary form.
- Along with all the required documents applicants must go in person or by proxy to the offices of the Land Transport Department or Citizen Service Centers.
Ads by Google
For first time applicants, submit the following :
- Application for a driving license (TOM 7B).
- Two recent photographs sized 40CH35 mm
- Identification Card.
- Certification that you have passed the exam.
- If the applicant holds a valid driving license, attach a valid driving license.
- In case of an application to obtain full license to drive a motor vehicle in category C, C + E, D + E, category C1, C1 + E, D1, D1 + E and special classes G, H, I, the applicant must: submit a health certificate. The same goes for people who intend to use the driving license, motor vehicle of category B for katepangelma passenger or for people aged 70 and over and people with physical disabilities.
To download forms you may follow the link below:
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Road Transport Department,
King Paul 27, 2412 Egkomi
Tel: 35722807000, Fax.: 35722354030
The find the nearest service centre to you follow link:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The normal driving license is governed by the Driving License Law.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Republic of Cyprus – Citizen Website
Department of Road Transport
Web-based Information System
More information which might help people.