Cyprus - Apply for a Learner Driver License
Before you will be issued a Normal Driving License you'll need first to be a Learner Driver License holder.
- Special category AM is an individual who has attained the age of 17.
- Class B, B1, A1, B + E has a person who has attained the age of 17.5 years.
- Category C1, C1 + E, Class F and L is an individual who has attained 18 years of age.
- Class C and C + E, D1, D1 + E, and special category H, G, I, which is 21 years old.
- Category D, D1 + E, is aged 24.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Applicants must fill up the necessary form.
- Along with all relevant documents applicants should go in person to the offices of the Land Transport Department or Citizen Service Centres.
Ads by Google
- Application for license learner driver (TOM 7B).
- Two recent photographs sized 40CH35 mm
- Identification Card
- Certificate of successful preliminary consideration.
- If the applicant holds a valid driving license or a valid learner driver license, attach the valid driving license or a valid learner driver license.
- Medical Certificate in case an applicant is 70 years or older and in case of physical disability.
To download forms follow link below:
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
The student driver's license is valid for one year and can be renewed.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Road Transport Department,
King Paul 27, 2412 Egkomi
Tel: 35722807000, Fax.: 35722354030
To find the nearest service centre to you, follow the link:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Learner's Driving License is governed by the Driving License Law of 2001 and recent amendments.
The types of license are harmonized with those used all over Europe and in particular with Directive 91/439/EC.
Road Transport Department
Web Based System for the Road Transport Department
Republic of Cyprus Website
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.