Cyprus - Apply for a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Registering the Birth
- In order to register the new-born child in the Birth Register, the application form must be completed and signed by the Doctor who delivered the child and a copy is kept at the hospitals/clinics records, another copy is sent to the Competent District Administration Office by the hospital/clinic and a third copy is given to the childs parents, in order for them to submit it to the Competent District Administration Office.
- The registration of the child can take place in any District Administration Office, independently from the childs birth place.
Obtaining the certificate
- The Birth certificates will be issued once the citizens relevant details are registered in the Civil Registration System.
- Affidavit in the prescribed form
- Completed Birth Registration Form
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Tel: 22804400, 22804511, 22804425
Other CRMD Numbers
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- To obtain the certificate: 5 EUR, provided that the birth was registered within 15 days.
- Certificate fee for births registered after the expiration of three months from birth: 150 EUR
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Birth certificates are issued in all District Administration Offices.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate states the name and sex of a person, it also indicate the time and place of birth, it is issued after you have registered the birth of a child.
Following are procedures on how to obtain a birth certificate.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Birth Certificate:
More information which might help people.