Cyprus - Apply for Naturalization (Type M127)
Citizenship denotes the link between a person and a state or an association of states. It is normally synonymous with the term nationality although the latter term may also refer to ethnic connotations. Possession of citizenship is normally associated with the right to work and live in a country and to participate in political life. A person who does not have citizenship in any state is said to be stateless.
Following are procedure on how to apply for naturalization (Type M127).
Type M127 naturalization is available to the following individuals:
- Foreign nationals, who have completed seven years of legal residence in the Republic prior to the date of application.
- Aliens who are either parents or children of Cypriot citizens the time required is five years rather than seven.
In any case, the applicant must have resided legally and continuously in Cyprus during the twelve months preceding the date of the application.
Ads by Google
Applications for the acquisition or renunciation of Cypriot citizenship are submitted at the Civil Registry and Migration Department, the District Administration Offices and the diplomatic missions of the Republic (embassies and consulates). Subsequently, all the applications are processed by the Citizenship Section of the Civil Registry and Migration Department.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Fill in the M127 Naturalization form.
- Submit form along with all the required documents and pay all necessary fees.
Ads by Google
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant
- Marriage certificate
- Copies of all the pages of all the passports of the applicant showing his/her arrivals and departures in Cyprus
- Detailed statement of arrivals and departures completed by the applicant
- Copies of newspaper advertisements in two consecutive publications which report that the applicant has filed an application for naturalization.
- Two passport size photographs
- Photocopy of receipt for the amount of 500 euros paid as fees
All public documents issued abroad must:
a.) Bear an official translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.
b.) Be certified with APOSTILLE if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961 or
- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in his country or
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the Embassy / Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.
- In the instance that the country of origin of the applicant has not signed the Hague Convention of 1961and there is no Embassy /Consulate in the above mentioned country the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Embassy / Consulate which is accredited in Cyprus.
- Application Fee: 500 euros
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Tel: 22804400, 22804511, 22804425
Other CRMD Numbers
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Naturalization (Type M127):
More information which might help people.