Cyprus - Apply for Citizenship due to Spouse Of Cypriot Citizen
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill up the application form in duplicate.
- Produce all necessary documents, please see the note regarding public documents issued abroad.
- Attach the stamps to the application forms.
1. Birth certificate of the applicant
2. Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant
3. Marriage certificate
4. Birth certificate of the couples children
5. Photocopy of the applicants passport
6. Photocopy of the Cypriot spouses passport
7. Certificate of acquisition of the Cypriot citizenship of the Cypriot spouse (where applicable)
8. Statement of harmonious cohabitation signed before an Officer of the District Administration Office or the diplomatic authority
9. Statement of cohabitation from the local authority
10. The application should be submitted in duplicate and one of the two application forms should bear two stamps worth 8.54 euros.
11. Photocopy of receipt for the amount of 300 euros paid as fees
Application for acquisition of citizenship can be submitted by spouses of overseas Cypriots after they have completed at least three years of marriage. These applications must additionally be accompanied by a letter from the couple stating the reasons for requesting the grant of the Cypriot citizenship to the foreign spouse. If the couple has completed at least five years of marriage and has at least one child, it is not necessary to attach the aforementioned letter.
Note: All public documents issued abroad must:
a.) Bear an official translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.
b.) Be certified with APOSTILLE if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961 or
-Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in his country or
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the Embassy / Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.
- In the instance that the country of origin of the applicant has not signed the Hague Convention of 1961and there is no Embassy /Consulate in the above mentioned country the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Embassy / Consulate which is accredited in Cyprus.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Tel: 22804400, 22804511, 22804425
Other CRMD Numbers
ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP AS A SPOUSE OF A CYPRIOT CITIZEN (TYPE M125)
These applications can be submitted by foreign spouses of Cypriot nationals, who have completed three years of marriage and two years of residence in the Republic prior to the date of application.
- Application Fee: 300 euros
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
To download form follow link:
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications for the acquisition or renunciation of Cypriot citizenship are submitted at the Civil Registry and Migration Department, the District Administration Offices and the diplomatic missions of the Republic (embassies and consulates). Subsequently, all the applications are processed by the Citizenship Section of the Civil Registry and Migration Department.
1. Name of applicant
2. Full name of applicant's mother and father
3. Husband's name, place of birth, date of birth and address
4. Husband's father's name, place of birth and date of birth.
5. Date and Place of marriage
6. If previously married, date and place of other marriage contracted and the name and citizenship of husband.
Need for the Document
Citizenship represents the link between a person and a state or an association of states. Possession of citizenship is normally associated with the right to work and live in a country and to participate in political life.
Foreign nationals who marry Cypriot citizens are entitled to apply for Cypriot citizenship after three years of marriage and cohabitation.
Following are procedures on how to apply for citizenship for spouses of cypriot citizens.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Civil Registry and Migration Department:
More information which might help people.