Comoros - Apply for Dual Citizenship
A dual citizenship is a person's citizenship status, in which a person is concurrently regarded as a citizen of 2 states under the law of those states. Applying for Dual Citizenship by Investment is done in Comoros.
The main applicant must be:
- be at least eighteen years old
- be a foreign person residing outside of the Comoros
- be of good character
- have no criminal record
- not be a member of a terrorist organization
- have made an investment in the prescribed amount
- have received provisional approval via a program representative
- have personally taken part in the enrollment procedure.
Please note that all documents must be legally translated into English or French where applicable. The documents are to be legalized or notarized but no need for apostilles.
Ads by Google
- All applications under the Comoros Citizenship Program are processed by the local public authority, the Comoros National Independent Committee. Citizenship is granted exclusively by Presidential Decree and at the discretion of the President.
- The main applicant may include in his application his spouse and children that are less than 18 years old.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
The Comoros citizenship by investment application process is very straight forward.
- Submit copy of passport, together with a detailed a CV or Resume, for initial due diligence screening.
- Pay the fee.
- Submit required documents for compilation of full documentation and appointment for interview.
- Interview with the enrollment officer.
- Final approval by presidential decree.
- Passport and Certificate of Naturalization may be delivered by express courier or you may elect to pick them up in person.
Ads by Google
- 8 passport photos
- Application form (Form C.D.O.E.D): original
- Passport: certified true copy
- National identity cards or secondary ID document: certified true copy
- Birth certificate/record: original or certified true copy (less than 3 months) – attested in home country
- Medical certificate to include routine blood test and negative HIV test (for any applicant above 16 years old: original (less than 3 months)
- Marriage certificate and divorce certificate (if applicable): original or certified true copy (less than 3 months) – attested in home country
- Police certificate: for each country that you have resided for over 12 months in the past 10 years – for any applicant above 16 years old
- Proof of address: a utility bill and lease agreement
- Proof of source of funds: bank statements
- Main applicant: 45,000
- spouse: 20,000
- child 0-18 years old: 10,000
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Approximately 2 months
Please list down the office locations that can be approached for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.